Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The abandoned calf


                            
Good Morning Friends, meet Homer…he’s in the middle, in between Cooper and Katy!!  Homer came to us last week…and that is the front yard at my house not a pasture!  You see, Homer’s mommy abandoned  him, but lucky for Homer Kim found him in a very weakened state, brought him to the house, ran to the feed store for milk replacer and a bottle (believe it or not we have not had to bottle feed a calf, so were unprepared) mixed up a bottle and attempted to feed him.  Poor Homer he was so weak, he couldn’t even suck….So, that meant Kim had to tube him…..put the milk in a squishy bottle with a long tube that goes down his throat into his tummy, direct nutrition…..the first couple of days were pretty bleak, Kim continued to try to get him to suck, but he just wasn’t interested, seemed weak….then all of a sudden he took the bottle….BAM!  Now less than a week later he is drinking like a champ and following us around.  This morning when I left, Homer was at the gate obviously wondering where his breakfast was!  Homer is gonna make it, thanks to Kim’s persistence!  Last night as I was taking my turn feeding Homer, my thoughts turned inward….to my heart…..How many times have I felt totally abandoned by the world, just at the breaking point, weak and alone and our Heavenly Father rescues me….Yep, picks me up, dusts me off….and tube feeds me…..from His loving arms to my broken heart!  He nurtures me with HIS grace and mercy, comforts me with HIS peace and wisdom…….Feeds me with HIS word….my strength returns….my faith grows…..I am HIS child, no matter what the world sends my way……all is well with HIM.  Thank you Father…..for feeding me……forgive me when I am weak.

This God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end.  Psalm 48:14.  With His is wisdom and strength, He hath counsel and understanding.  Job 12:13.  Do not afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.  Luke 12:32.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:26.  For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.  Colossians 1:1.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment