Friday, June 20, 2014

Popping a little leak...

Good Morning Friends!  Forever HIS Friday!  This morning in my still half asleep mode I turned on the water in the kitchen…hmm I thought, Rural Water District must still be having problems, not much pressure.  I didn’t mention it to Kim because I figured since RWD had been having some problems this week, it was just them, so didn’t give it another thought until….We were sitting on the front porch just like every other summer morning, me reading God’s word and praying, Kim dozing; as it started to get light I could see a big puddle of water in the driveway.  I hadn’t heard it rain during the night, so I was surprised.  I asked Kim, “did it rain in the night?  There’s a bunch of water in the driveway.”  He sat up and looked outside….”Or we have a water leak.”  At that moment I thought about no water pressure…gently I told him…”There wasn’t much pressure this morning.”  At that point, he jumped up and looked out.  “Yep we have a leak, either out here or in a kennel.  GOOD MORNIG!’  And at that he stomped out the door to check it out!  In a few minutes he was back from a completely flooded Kennel….leaks, not a good way to start the day.  I went in the house to pack my lunch and get things ready for breakfast (fresh fruit smoothies for me and the boys), as I opened the frig I was not happy at the sight that greeted me…..oh my gosh, another leak!  The zip lock bag of wild berries the boys had picked had leaked all over the frig.  Dark purple juice everywhere….I had to chuckle just a little bit thinking of the leaky morning!  Well, only one thing to do….get to cleaning so, I soaked up, wiped off, moved things and cleaned under them and pretty soon…Well for goodness’ sake….look how nice and clean the frig is….been a long time.   As I finished my lunch, happy to have a clean frig, the thought came to me…..Leaks don’t necessarily have to be all bad!  Nope, that leaky bag of berries resulted in me having a clean frig…We are blessed with so much from our Heavenly Father, loved beyond our imagination, blessings of food and clothes, jobs, friends, family….the list is endless….Aww yes, I do think we could pop a few leaks….Leaks of love through unselfish acts of kindness, sharing, time, patience, listening, gratitude and thankfulness….leaks that give honor to God…little leaks will be just fine, little acts add up to lots of love puddled up all over, just like the berry juice!  So, friends how about joining me in popping a little leak!  Father, thank you for the bounty of blessings you shower on us every day in every way, instill us with hearts of gratitude, so that we leak your love where ever we go, to Your glory!
 
Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds.  Psalm 107:21.  Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.  Matthew 5:42.  Be kind and compassionate to one another.  Ephesians 4:32.  As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.  1 John 4:12.  The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself (leaking) through love.  Galatians 5:6.
Love you all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment