Thursday, June 19, 2014

Who do you say that I am?

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully, I am the child of the ONE TRUE GOD, Thursday!  This morning during my quiet time I found myself reading from Mark 8, Jesus with His disciples, verses 27-29 really struck a note with me…..”Jesus and His disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi.  On the way He asked them, ‘Who do people say that I am?’  They replied, ‘Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets.’  ‘But what about you?’ he asked.  ‘Who do you say that I am?’   Peter answered, ‘YOU are the Christ.’ “  On Saturday we flew home from California with our grandsons Brayden 9 and Dane 7.  This was the first time we had ever flown alone with grandkids so the whole process was a bit well…..use your imagination…LAX two boys and red neck Nana and Papa…As we went through the TSA security check, I led the way, boys right behind me and Papa bringing in the rear.  The agent check my ID and boarding pass first, then the boys.  In a gruff voice he said, “Who is Brayden Torrence?”  I pointed to him and said, “He is.”  The agent responded in the same gruff voice, “I need them to answer for themselves!”  Well, alrighty then I thought and stepped back a little.  “Who is Brayden Torrence?”  the agent asked.  Brayden, just a little nervous replied, “I am.”  The agent then pointed to me and asked him, “Who is that?”  Without hesitation he said, “NANA.”  The look on his face told a story, who in the heck do you think she is, Mister…..The process continued with Dane.  The agent asking who is Dane Torrence, then pointing to me  asking, “who is she?”  Dane’s response was quite similar to Brayden’s, with a are you crazy Mister, look on his face he confidently said, “Nana Kathie.”  At that point he let us through the gate.  At the time I thought, well I guess it’s good to make sure that they do belong to us and we are not kidnappers….but not until I read Mark 8:27-29 did I really get it.  The boys knew who I was and were not afraid to tell the stranger…..Oh that I can be so confident and bold to name our Lord and Savior….He is the Christ, the Son of the living God, He died for us……don’t be crazy….believe in HIM and have life eternal!  Father, help us to step up and boldly declare that we are your children….loved and forgiven….help us to never be shy confessing You, but rather help our actions to reflect Your love, so others will want to be Yours too!
 
The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is the word of faith we are proclaiming.  That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.  As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.”  For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the  same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”  Romans  10:9-13.   How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  1 John 3:1. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment