Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Our forever Valentine

Good Morning!    Last week, a day or two before Valentine’s Day, we got a Valentine in the mail from Cooper and Katy.  Of course, we love that!!!  I picked up the phone and called them to say thank you….after visiting with Mommy for a minute she gave the phone to Katy.  Katy was so happy to talk to me, I thanked her for the card and told her I had a Valentine surprise for her too!  She was all excited, we visited a little longer when I heard Mommy tell her to let Cooper talk too.   “Cooper, want to talk to Nana?”   she hollered at him.  I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard him holler back, “NO.”  Well for heaven’s sake I thought, little stinker.  I told Katy, “you tell Cooper he isn’t going to get his Valentine surprise if he doesn’t talk to me.”  Katy was most happy to deliver that message with the silly delight of a little sister whose  big brother was about to get in trouble!  Immediately, a little voice came on the phone and said, “Hi Nana.”  “Hi Cooper, how’s my boy?”  “Good, nana do you have a Valentine surprise for me?”  “I sure do Cooper, thank you for our Valentine, I love you.”  “ Your welcome, I love you too, Nana, bye.”  The conversation was short and sweet, but as I was relaying the details of how I had to threaten our little stinker to get him to talk to me, I suddenly felt sad…..Gosh, sure glad our Father doesn’t ever threaten us to get us to come to HIM….He waits lovingly, patiently yearning for us to come to HIM, sit with HIM…..unburden our troubled hearts, confess our sins, receive comfort and the most wonderful LOVE surprise, everyday not just once a year!  Father, oh I thank and praise YOU for loving us so abundantly….freely, always without a threat….just the promise of life everlasting with YOU!!  How good YOU are how Blessed are we!  I love you Father, all glory to YOU!
 
You, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding love and faithfulness.  Psalm 86:15.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust in Him and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.  Psalm 28:7  The Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for Him!  Isaiah 30:18.  Submit to God and be at peace with Him; in this way prosperity will come to you.  Job 22:21.  The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; d not be discouraged.  Deuteronomy 31:8.  Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.  Luke:12:32. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment