Thursday, February 26, 2015

The old rugged cross! Jesus died on it, for us!

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  Last week one day Papa and I picked up Cooper and Katy from school because Mommy and Daddy had to work late.  We got home and got a snack, preparing to get to homework.  Earlier in the day, close to where Katy sits, I had laid a cool, rustic cross given to me by a friend for Christmas.  I have been looking for the perfect place to hang it, somewhere I would see it often….in the meantime I laid it on the table near where Katy sits.  As Katy sat down she immediately saw the cross.  In an excitement that she could not contain, she shouted, “Nana, it’s the old rugged cross….!”  Smiling and pleased at her response to the cross I said, “Yes, it sure is, you are right!”  Without hesitation she said, loud and clear, “Jesus died on it….for us!”  This time I was the one that could not contain my excitement, to hear that precious 4 year old, confessing her faith…..loud and clear…..no hesitation!  My heart was over flowing with joy and gratitude.  I just had to give her a big hug….As I was holding her close, almost in tears, I felt our FATHER very close to us…..”Kathie, My child, I understand your joy in knowing that Katy knows that Jesus died for her…but My joy is compounded by the fact that she had no hesitation to profess her faith…..Oh, just think how wonderful it would be if all you adults….My big precious kids, would tell about Jesus dying on the old rugged cross like Katy did!”  Father forgive our hesitation in confessing You!  Increase our faith and bless us with brave, witnessing hearts so that we with Katy say loud and clear….”It’s the old rugged cross, Jesus died on it for us!”
 
Then Jesus came to them and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.”  Matthew 28:18-20.  I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service.  1 Timothy 1:12.  Jesus said, “You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bow.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:14-16.
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment