Friday, March 6, 2015

What does He see in us?

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully loved by Him, Thursday!  While I was talking with Hailey on the phone yesterday, Tucker woke up from a nap.  She got him up and was sweet talking him (makes me smile) when she laughed and said, “Tucker, look at your hair…..you got your ‘bed head’ from your Nana!”  She was laughing as she described his hair on the back of his head.  You see, in my family I am known for my “bed head”; my hair just gets in a big ol’ mess on the back of my head when I sleep or nap…..it used to bother me but not anymore and especially not now that Hailey sees me in Tucker’s “bed head.”  Now that is a Nana’s ultimate delight…..of course as Tucker grows up I hope that there are some slightly more significant traits he gets from me, but for now……the “bed head” makes me happy!  Hailey sees me in Tucker…….We love for our children and grandchildren to inherit the good parts of us, we love to see ourselves in them….As I thought about this last night I couldn’t help but think about our Heavenly Father…..as His children….What does He see in us?.....Does He see His love in us, in our thoughts and actions…..how we treat others is a definite reflection on how we are loving HIM……Father, help us to shine with Your love so that we reflect You in all that we do.
 
The Lord has declared this day that you are His people, His treasured possession as He promised, and that you are to keep all His commands.  Deuteronomy 26:18.  We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10.  A happy heart makes the face cheerful.  Proverbs 15:13.  We love because God first loved us.  1 John 4:19.  He has given us this command:  whoever loves God must also love his brother.  1 John 4:21.  Jesus said, “A new command I give you:  Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”  John 13:34-35.You yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.  1 Thessalonians 4:9.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father I heaven.  Matthew 5:16.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment