Monday, January 25, 2016

The perfect Kleenex for our tears!

Good Morning Friends!   Saturday my husband and I went to Norman to get the car serviced….as long as we were there…..I figured just as well make a quick stop at Target, right??!!!  Kim opted to stay in the car while I headed in to check out Valentine shirts and bathroom rugs.  I was moseying through the bathroom things, when I heard a little boy crying desperately for his pacie.   I could hear his Mom tell him he couldn’t have it because it had fallen on the floor and was dirty…unfortunately the little boy found no comfort in his Mom’s logic…..he continued his desperate sobbing….I rounded the corner and found myself in the aisle where he was crying so sadly as Mom was busy looking at towels.  Poor little guy looked pathetic, his face was all red and wet with tears and his little nose was running terribly.  Breaks an old nana’s heart to see little ones so miserable…I continued to the next aisle but could still hear his cries, when he said, “get my boogies….mommy get my boogies.”  He was pleading…. Mom responded, “I can’t, I don’t have any Kleenex with me.”  Once again her logic did nothing to comfort the little guy….”gosh” I thought, “I have Kleenex”  so I headed my cart in their direction, said excuse me to Mom and handed her my Kleenex.  She was very grateful and in just a little bit, the desperate sobbing had ceased.  As I finished my shopping and headed to the car, I couldn’t stop thinking about that little guy’s desperate cries….Oh my goodness, how often do I think my situation is desperate….crying until my eyes are red and my boogies are running….sad, miserable, desperate, and pathetic…..Why do I so often suffer alone when our Heavenly Father is right there with HIS love…the perfect Kleenex to dry my tears….comfort me, guide me….HE sees my pain and suffering and hears my desperate cries…before I even come to HIM….The little boy was finally comforted when Mom wiped his tears and boogies…..thank goodness we do not have to cry as long as that little guy, if we  just stop and come to HIM, bringing HIM all our worries, sorrows, burdens….little ones, big ones….come to HIM and leave them with HIM.  He will dry your tears.  Father, forgive us when we don’t come to You first!  Thank you for taking our worries and drying our tears….
 
…..The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; He will remove the disgrace of His people from all the earth….Isaiah 25:8.  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles….2 Corinthians 1: 3-4.  The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed spirit.  A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.  Psalm 3417-19.  
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment