Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Tuesday!  Yesterday I had my regular 6-month checkup and cleaning with my favorite dental hygienist.  I have flossed for years, but always gave myself a break on the weekends….you know a treat…..actually, if I am honest with myself should probably call it like it is….a bit lazy.  Well anyway, at my last cleaning in February the conversation went to flossing….I told her that I always took the weekends off, she said she flossed 7 days a week, without fail!  Something about her dedication inspired me so I decided to give it a try; it happened to be the beginning of Lent so I thought an excellent time to” give up: being lazy.  Well, Lent came and went and I kept on flossing!  For the last six months I have only missed a day or two because of sickness and yesterday was my reward!  My hygienist couldn’t have been happier with my teeth and gums!  I was so happy about the results of….giving up lazy….healthy teeth and gums!  Boy, oh boy…as I was driving back to work a thought hit me…..What if……just what if I gave up lazy in my spiritual life……What could I accomplish there?  What reward could I gain?  My goodness…..what if I never skipped out on prayer time or made excuses not to read God’s word or go to church….What if…….What could I gain…..a healthier faith, that’s what……a stronger trust in God’s will, a more willing spirit to do His will, a better understanding of the endless blessings He pours on me in His time and His way….Peace…..just think of the Peace that we miss out on because we are “lazy” with our time for/with our Heavenly Father…..Healthy Faith……that’s my goal….Father fill me with the desire to spend more time with you, to listen for YOU, to hear and understand Your will for me…..Father I know my reward will be worth it! 

Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.  Romans 10:17.  Then He (Jesus) touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you, “ and their sight was restored.  Matthew 9:29-30.  My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understand, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.  Proverbs 2:1-6.  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14.  Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and forever!  2 Peter 3:18. 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment