Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 30, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  Well, after a week and a half in the transmission shop I got my little black car back yesterday.  Gosh, I can’t even tell you how excited I was when my hubby showed up at work and said, “your car’s out there.”  What an awesome surprise, I had no clue it was ready; I have been driving the old Honda car and it does leave a bit to be desired.  I immediately emailed a couple of friends to share the good news…..silly, but I just hated driving the Honda.  I lamented to one friend that the old Honda needs to be put to rest.  Her response was quite appropriate….”Look how many times it’s come thru for you.”  Wow….now I had to admit that to be the absolute truth!  Over the past couple of years, through the problems with my dear old Mercedes, the wreck, and even Kim’s truck problems, the old Honda has always been there to get us where we needed to go!  Oh, maybe the ride wasn’t the most pleasant, broken doors, and the gas mileage….let’s not dwell on that, but always gets us where we need to go.  My sweet friend had me really thinking now, so I emailed her back telling her how right she was…..What would we have done without the old Honda car…….to that she replied, “It’s been like a good friend.”   Hmmm…….like a good friend…..Good friends, the ones that are there when we break down…..they takes us in their arms….their hearts and take us where we need to go……good friends….the ones that tell you when you have something in your teeth……the ones that know your favorite sandwich and fix it for you……good friends, the ones that are truly excited with you when your car gets fixed and know how much you love your grandkids……the ones you can call crying in the middle of the night, or laughing at the crack of dawn.  They share your bad days as well as rejoice with you on the good ones…..good friends…..they love you from the inside out…..So today…..I am honoring all my good friends and all of yours too….I am lifting my heart and mind in prayers of thanksgiving to our BEST FRIEND for His wonderful blessing to each of us….good friends.  Thank you Father for loving us just the way we are and for blessing us with good friends to cry and rejoice with us on this earth….Whatever would we do without them…..thank you Father, to you be the glory!

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.  Proverbs 17:17.  My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God.  Job 16:20  Many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24.  The pleasantness of one’s friend springs from his earnest counsel.  Proverbs 27:9.  Love one another deeply, from the heart.  1 Peter 1:22. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.  Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.  Ephesians 4:2-3.  Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again:  Rejoice!!!!  Philippians 4:4.
I am blessed with so many wonderful, loving, supportive “good friends”  I thank God for the gift of each of you! 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment