Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Our perfect first responder

Good Morning Friends!  Wow!  What a wonderful God is our God, Wednesday!  Last night sometime after we had gone to sleep….maybe 2 hours, Kim got a page! 
Oh, gosh what a way to get awakened from a deep sleep!  For me, I just tell him to be safe, say a prayer, roll over and go back to sleep (hopefully), but poor Kim, he has to get up, get his wits about him, respond to Central, get dressed, get to station and head out to emergency!  All in the middle of a deep sleep….well needless to say, last night he really was in that deep sleep stage when the page sounded….loud and clear, followed by…”Lula, you need to respond to a grass fire at……..”  He just couldn’t seem to get going, walked out of the bedroom, then back in again; I could hear him getting his clothes on and soon I heard the car head out the driveway…..but I couldn’t help but think he was a tad bit slower than usual.  Being the good wife that I am, as the car headed out the drive, I fluffed my pillow, pulled up the blanket, rolled over and settled in to finish my night’s sleep……as I laid there in the quiet darkness of the night, I felt myself smiling, relaxing knowing that when we sound the pager in need of our Father’s help….there’s no fumbling around….He does not have to be awakened from a deep sleep and get his bearings….Nope….quite the contrary!!!  Our Father, is Johnny on the spot all the time, day or night….no matter what the need…..big, small…serious or maybe just…well you know…..just need HIM to help you through a bad day….HE is there!  Thank you Father!!!  For being our PERFECT, GO TO, FIRST RESPONDER!  And Father thank you so much for all of our firemen, all emergency personnel, they have an important job here…bless their efforts and protect them. 
 
So we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in Him.  1 John 4:16.  This is what the Lord says…”Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”  Isaiah 43:1.  Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.  Psalm 34:8.  Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.  Proverbs 29:25.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.  Isaiah 26:4. 
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment