Monday, September 22, 2014

A little piece of home

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty Awesome is our God, Monday!  Yesterday began as a typical Sunday morning at church; I was finishing up my Sunday school superintendent duties, you know offering, attendance, leaving Pastor a copy of attendance on his desk…the usual; as I came out of his office I noticed we had visitors looking at our bulletin board.  I stopped, said good morning and introduced myself….the wife turned to me, took my outstretched hand and said “Tina”  then her husband shook my hand, “Keith, and this is our daughter Jessica.”  I started to ask them where they were from when Keith got the oddest look on his face, he raised his hand kind of pointing at me and slowly said, “this is a stretch, but are you from Terra Bella?”  Oh my gosh my heart leaped as I said “yes.”  He said, “you were my Sunday school teacher.”  We were both in a state of shock!  Indeed, Keith’s parents were friends of mine at my home church in Terra Bella, California….many years ago…..my mom’s family were founders of the church and Keith’s family long, long time members so our families had known each other and worshiped together for decades…..I get goose bumps right now just thinking about such a wonderful coincidence…..I was so excited as I drug them around introducing to my current church family….Keith was excited too!  I had to go finish up with the kids, Jessica was quite willing to go and meet them, so off we went.  As soon as Sunday school was over I found Keith and Tina, introduced them to more people and asked if I could sit with them.  I was so excited I wasn’t sure I could sit still and of course I had to introduce them formerly during announcements…Gosh, what a wonderful coincidence I thought all through the service, my mind raced with memories from all those years ago, smiling, remembering what a cute little boy Keith had been (nice looking man now, I must add).  After the service, as we were getting ready to say our goodbyes, Keith expressed how happy he was that we had meet again after so many years.  In a serious voice he said, “I feel like I got a little piece of home.”  Hugging him I had to agree, it was all I could do to hold back the tears as Tina expressed that even though she had not ever been to California, she felt a “piece of home too.”  As Tina and I hugged I was filled with a  special peace….a peace and joy beyond human understanding…..oh this reunion was no “coincidence”  no way…..This was our Mighty Awesome God at work with a gift of love for Keith, Tina, and me, that we didn’t even know we needed, but HE did…And the piece of home we felt was unity and love of a Christian family….shared faith in our ONE TRUE GOD and SAVIOR…..a piece of home on earth, a foretaste of the HOME we will share in heaven with our FATHER….oh my goodness….goose bumps for sure!  Father thank you for such precious, special blessings that we sure do not deserve….thank you FATHER for the awesome bond we share with YOUR children….You pour your love over us in ways that we cannot even fathom….Thank you Father, all honor, glory and praise to YOU!
 
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55:8-9.  Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies.  Psalm 36:5.  From everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children’s children.  Psalm 103:17.   So we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in Him.  1 John 4:16.  How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  1 John 3:1. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment