Monday, September 15, 2014

Every day is praiseworthy

Good Afternoon Friends!  Mighty marvelous is our God, Monday!  Gosh we had the best weekend!  For my birthday, Kim planned a little weekend away for us; we left Friday morning and spent the whole weekend in OKC!  We had a nice hotel, ate out at cool places and spent the whole day on Saturday at the fair!  I was so excited about a whole weekend of no cooking, dishes, chores that by the time we left on Friday, I was acting like a little kid at Christmas.  I enjoyed every minute of our time, we laughed so much and had so much fun I really hated to think about coming home, back to the real world.  So, I have to admit that as we loaded the car and hit the road  home, I was feeling a bit down….Oh poor me I thought, back home to the drudgery, work, chores, dirty house, cooking….dishes… oh how nice it was to not have any dishes to do!  I was fairly quiet, wallowing in my self-pity…poor me….I’m not sure how far we were from home when….it hit me….Well, you know who…..knocking a bit of sense into me.  “Kathie” HE said, “remember that nice birthday card you got that talked about the gift of a day?  You wrote about it, remember?”  That’s  when the light came on….SHAME ON ME!!!  How could I be so selfish….How could I think that one day is any less of a blessing than another!  How could I think that a day in OKC with no dishes is more praise worthy than a day in my home, or at my job, or cleaning kennels, or….And could I ever appreciate getting away if it was the usual…better yet….how could I really appreciate home….if I didn’t get away….Oh yes Father, first and foremost forgive me….forgive my ungrateful attitude….and thank you Father for the blessing of each day that You make for us….at home or away….You are there and that makes every day extra special! 
 
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.   (at home or away)  Philippians 4:11-12.  A happy heart makes the face cheerful.  Proverbs 15:13.  Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:18.  Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!!!  (at home or away)  1 Corinthians 15:57.  Rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, overflowing with thankfulness.  Colossians 2:7. 
Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment