Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Angels watching over you

Good Morning Friends!!!  Wondrously wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!!   I just love it when fall finally rolls around again!  Oh I’m sure our hot days are not over, but Monday evening did officially mark the beginning of fall!  And I was ready!  As soon as I got home and got Kim fed, I headed to the front porch to clean up a bit and get ready to hang my pumpkin and turkey lights!  Gosh I just love my lights on the porch…it’s just one strand of white mini lights, loosely stung, but I change them with the seasons.  Beginning with fall, I alternate pumpkins (jack o lanterns actually) and turkeys.  Simple little plastic ornaments, but I just love the white lights shining through them, especially in the long winter evenings!  Well, it’s become a tradition the last couple of years to endorse the help of Cooper and Katy (my 5 and 4 year old grandkids) to help me with the fun task.  So after cleaning up the porch I headed to their house to beg Mom to let me take them for a little while….my trip was successful.  Katy and I got the ornaments out of the closet and the three of us got to work.   They were so good at taking turns handing me pumpkins and turkeys…..We hadn’t hung too many when I discovered an angel ornament that I had missed taking down after Christmas…..somehow it had gotten hidden….all summer long, never once had I noticed the beautiful angel hanging in the front window of the porch…..I showed the kids and they were so excited….we all did a little happy dance about the hiding angel and left her right there in the front window with the pumpkins and turkeys.  As soon as they were all hung, Cooper got the honor of turning the lights on; another happy dance and to celebrate….ice cream.  I took them home and headed back to the house, anxious to check out our lights and see if I could possibly find the angel…..I just couldn’t believe I had missed it and never once spotted it hanging there.  Well, try as I may, I could not see the angel from the road….. right then, I suddenly felt….so warm, a safe, comforting warm…..I knew that I was not alone, His arms were encompassing me……He was not alone either…..a company of angels were with HIM…..the angels that HE provides for us…..all the time, everyday, in every way and place…..even though we do not ever see them…..Thank you Father, I know we keep YOU and Your angels real busy…..whatever would we do without YOU to comfort our sad, heal our sick, guide our confusion, calm our anxious, and share our joys.  All Praise to You Father!
 
For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.  Psalm 91:11-12.  Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?  Hebrews 1:14.  God said, “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and bring you to the place I have prepared.”  Exodus 23:20.  The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and He delivers them.  Psalm 34:7.  Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace goodwill to men.”  Luke 2 13-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment