Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 12, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Trusting and believing Tuesday!  Good grief, I have known for a long time that CR 1600 is going to be totally redone, but haven’t given the whole process too much thought until last week….well little over a week ago I guess, “Road Closed” signs were placed strategically along the road…hummm, keep in mind this is MY route to and from work and church, so that’s 6 days a week…..OK, so I went home and told Kim, “Road Closed” signs are up….guess they are getting close.  Still I didn’t lose any sleep over it, did talk with Kathyrn about alternate routes for us…..cross that bridge when the time comes, right??????   Came to work yesterday no sign of any construction going on, never gave it a thought as I toddled home……until….I got close to intersection at Owl Creek….OH NO!  Even from a distance I could see that the road to my house was indeed….CLOSED!  All kinds of men and equipment were still working and there was no way I could continue any farther on 1600.  Of course I had a meeting at 7 and needed to cook dinner and eat first, so this delay was most inconvenient.  My first thought, I will turn right and go through Stonewall…..oh yes…..way out of my way!  However as I got to the intersection it appeared I would not be able to turn right either….oh no, now what!  I turned left and called Kim…..how do I get home….Can you imagine after all these years of living out in Lula…..I did not know how to get home if I turned left at Owl Creek……After a brief conversation with Kim, I decided to turn around and see if I could get through to the right and go through Stonewall…..at least I knew my way and that would have to be quicker right!  Well, luckily, I could ease through, I took a deep breath and figured I just as well calm down and make the best of it.  I arrived home safely about 15 minutes later than usual cooked dinner, and headed to the meeting, but I couldn’t stop thinking, about my alternate route!  Things don’t always go just as we planned do they…..just as we think they should…..Just because I won’t be able to take 1600 for a while doesn’t mean that I am not going to be able to get to work….just because the alternate route will not be my first choice…..As we travel through life, we so often make our own “route” then one day we get a big sign from our Heavenly Father…..”Road Closed”…….My precious child, He says, I have another plan for you…..Trust Me……Let Me guide you.  My ways are wiser than yours….But Father……I start to whine and list my route choices…..you know family, kids, job, finances……But, My child, your ways (routes) and not My ways….Trust and Believe in My ways for you, precious child…..I want only what’s best for you.  Father, forgive us when we want to ignore Your “Road Closed” signs…..help us to open our hearts and minds to trust, believe, and follow YOU!

“I now the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11.  I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.  When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.  Proverbs 4:11-12.  God will teach us His ways, so that we may walk in His paths.  Isaiah 2:3.  Guide me in your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.  Remember, O Lord, Your great mercy and love for they are of old.  Psalm 25:5-6. Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.  Proverbs 16:20.
Love you all!

Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment