Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Marvelous is His plan, Monday!  One day last week I opened a kitchen drawer and while digging for something towards the bottom I saw a mouse dropping.  Well, I thought you haven’t cleaned this drawer in a while because you don’t have mice anymore.  I never gave it another thought until Saturday.  Cooper and Katy came down with Hailey to pick up pine cones and of course they had to have a snack from Nana’s famous snack drawer.  Cooper opened the drawer and they each got something.  After they left I went in to close the drawer completely and was absolutely appalled at what I saw!!!!  Oh No!  Tell me it can’t be so!!!!  No Way!!!!!  My worst nightmare…..a whole package of graham crackers nearly gone…..tiny shreds of paper, crumbs, and…..gross droppings lined the drawer.  Kim was in the living room and could hear my tirade…..what’s the matter he asked.  WE HAVE MICE!!!!!   Where are those cats we had?????   You must understand….I HATE MICE!   Kim pondered for a moment and then said…..”Uhh, now that I think about it, I haven’t seen the cats in a while!”  Duh, no kidding jack….look at this mess, yuck….gross….disgusting!  I dug around and found one package of unopened Decon, opened it and put it out in a place safe from kids, but deadly for those nasty critters feeling quite smug…..Until early this morning, that is when I leaned over to open a cupboard and a big, fat mouse came so close to my feet that I had to scream!  That’s it!!!!!!  I hollered, I am getting out the traps!!!”  As I dug around trying to find mouse traps that I had not used in ever so long (if you reach back in your memory, I wrote about having the cats quite a while ago), I felt that familiar tap on my shoulder….”Good morning, Father…any idea where I put the mouse traps?”  “Yes Kathie, just keep digging they are right there.  Kathie isn’t it funny how you haven’t even thought about those cats for so long…..you hadn’t seen any signs of having mice, so you just didn’t give them a thought….for so long they just worked and worked for you….making sure no mice got into your house…..you never gave them a thought…..not once….UNTIL………”  “ Oh Father, I get it….until I had a problem…..”  How often do we cruise along everything going along just fine …we don’t even think about our Heavenly Father, taking care of everything for us…..providing us with all our needs, day in and day out…..life is good….no real problems…so we don’t think about….saying, Thank you Father, Praise You, All Glory to You….Awesome Father, we praise You and thank you…..No….but as soon as we see some “nasty droppings”  oh yea, then all of a sudden….we call on You…..Help Father, please fix this and take care of that…..Father, please HELP ME!  Father, thank you for nasty mouse droppings to remind us that You deserve our praise all the time, every day….not just we are surrounded by “droppings”.  All Praise, Honor, and Glory to You our Awesome, Heavenly Father!

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:26.  Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:18.  Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:19-20.  Rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  Colossians 2:7.   Amen!  Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!!  Revelation 7:12. 
Love you all!

Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment