Friday, September 13, 2013

It's Friday the 13th! If you're superstitious, read Psalm 91!

Good Morning Friends!  Fabulous Friday because we are HIS!  Don’t think of myself as a superstitious person, but can’t say the thought of a black cat crossing in front of me thrills me and for safety reasons of course, I never walk under an open ladder, so this morning when I realized it was Friday the 13th……well actually I said to my dozing husband sitting next to me, “Ah, it’s Friday the 13th my lucky day!”  Like I said, I have never considered myself to be superstitious, but sinner that I am….I must admit I let those little….icky….weak…scaredy cat….thoughts rumage around in my pea brain a bit at times.   My bible reading this morning was Psalm 91…..I opened my bible and began reading…”He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’ “  Oh my…..I had to smile….”He is my refuge and my fortress, my God”  I do trust Him….so bring on the black cats…..I continued reading, ”Surely He will save you from the fowler’s snare, and from the deadly pestilence.”   Nothing could be worse than deadly pestilence, so what is there to worry about…right….my smile grew as I continued reading….”He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”  His faithfulness, shame on me…..how could I ever have a doubt….”HIS FAITHFULNESS”  is for me….and you!  Get this my friends, “For He will command His angels concerning you (little ol us that means)to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. (or an open ladder).”  His angels, all of them…watching over us…..I can hear them singing…..”Glory to God in the highest!!!” Our Heavenly Father and His angels…..who could ask for anything more…..my smile was from ear to ear as I finished the Psalm, “’Because he loves me,’  (oh I do so love HIM) says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for acknowledges my name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.’ “  Salvation, how sweet it is!!!!  Oh Father, thank you for loving us even when we are weak in thoughts, word, or deed.  Help us to always trust in Your love and care.  Thank you for Your angels that watch over us, help us to see them around us and give You the glory.
 
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24.  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment