Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Philippians 2:13 - Do Everything Without Complaining!

Good Morning Friends! Thankfully His Tuesday!  I got up as usual this morning a little after 5; Kim was still asleep.  I had only been up for a few minutes when I thought I heard his phone ringing….oh dear I thought, ringing so early usually means a problem, of course my thoughts turned to his brother.  However, in just a few minutes he emerged from the bedroom fumbling, still half asleep trying to get his clothes on.  “Sheep are in Jason’s yard” was all he said.  I blurted out a big, “Oh no!  Good grief, for crying out loud, my gosh!”  Something to that effect expressing my disgust with the sheep that were causing him to have to get out of bed and go, in the dark to put them back into their pasture….hopefully before they got into the road.  I was surprised when he calmly, positively responded, “Well, it’s sure better than having them in the road.”  No cussing, grumbling, stomping or door slamming…simply got dressed, got on the four wheeler and headed up the hill to get the job done.  I was quite proud of his behavior, thinking to myself, don’t think I could have been quite so congenial in the same situation.  I couldn’t help but think about things at work, church, at the fire department that irritate me and I don’t always contain my not so pleasant thoughts……I thought of how my day was blessed by Kim’s pleasant reaction to an unpleasant deed…….Oh Father I am so sorry that I often react to situations with words and actions that are not pleasing to those around me, which I know Father means that You are not pleased.  Forgive me…..fill me with Your peace and love and guide me in every situation to respond to Your glory, to be a blessing to others for You.
 
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pour, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life.  Philippians 2:13.  At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures.  We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.  But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He save us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.  He save us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, sot having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.  This is a trustworthy saying.  And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good.  These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.  Titus 3:3-8.  Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.  Titus 3:1-2.  Now may the God of peace….our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever.  Amen.  Hebrews 13:20-21.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment