Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Watered by the Holy Spirit: September 11, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday!  I had to chuckle this morning when I got the paper at work and it was in a plastic bag….Ha, ha I thought….sure looks like rain doesn’t it!  I know we had so much wonderful rain earlier in the summer and spring, but now it is getting so dry again.  Our grass is crunchy, and leaves are falling way to soon…driving to work the poor pastures look so dry and thirsty and the fire danger signs have been upgraded….conditions are looking bleak.  As I opened the paper I said a little prayer for rain…..it was then I felt the tap….”Hi Father.  What’s up?”  “You know Kathie, the yard and pastures are not the only things that dry up when there’s not enough moisture.”  “Ok Father, go on, tell me more.”  My child you too dry up spiritually when you are not ‘watered’ by the Holy Spirit, ‘immersed’ in My word, prayer, and worship……your spiritual yard goes dry and look out, that’s when things get bleak……stress and worry consume you because you turn to yourself rather than come to me….small situations turn into misunderstood messes because you try to figure things out for yourself rather than follow My words of guidance…..sadness can consume you because you don’t see My arms wide open…waiting to hold you, lift you, comfort you, guide you My child through every dry spell.  Come to Me, follow Me through My word, pray to Me, trust Me….you are My child, I love you.  Thank you Father…..forgive my stubbornness…”rain” on me!
 
But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.  Jeremiah 17:7-8The Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for Him!  Isaiah 30:18.  Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.  Proverbs 16:20.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  James 1:5.  Dear friends, build yourselves up  in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.  Jude 20.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.  Isaiah 26:4. 
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment