Tuesday, January 28, 2014

He Yearns for Our Touch

Good Morning Friends!  True and Tender is our God, Tuesday.  I had the most amazing week last week….a whole week in Fairbanks, AK with Hailey, Clark and my precious great grandson, Tucker!  Blessings overflowing from the minute I arrived until, I sadly left on Saturday…..sitting at the airport alone, I began reflecting on the special times during the week.  There were tons of laughs, too many happy smiles to even count, and the conversations, especially with 18 month old Tucker, were stimulating!  Oh so many precious memories, but the event that touched my heart most deeply was rocking Tucker to sleep….We would sit in the big rocker, snuggled in a blanket all cuddled up;  at first a bit restless, but he soon settled down, as we rocked I could feeling him relaxing in my arms, his breathing slowing, deep and then… just as I felt he was almost asleep, he reached up with his little hand and touched my face, his tiny fingers gently caressing me….my heart….oh my heart was bursting with love, the joy overwhelming….a brief touch…..precious….irreplaceable…..sitting alone in the airport, reflecting on that moment I could not hold back a smile…a smile building from the inside….glowing on the outside.  Pure joy from that little hand touching my face…..My thoughts turned to our Heavenly Father, as I sat there I began thanking Him for the joy of Tucker’s touch……Oh Father, I can only imagine how You must yearn for our touch….for us to reach up to You, touch You and receive Your endless mercy, grace……love.  Thank you Father for filling our lives with joys overflowing, precious memories, and love.  Help us to remember all that we have, every blessing is from You….thank you for Your tender caresses……
 
People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have Him touch them.  When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them.  But Jesus called the children to Him and said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  Luke 18:15-16.  Rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  Colossians 2:7.  Let us love one another, for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  1 John 4:7-8.  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!  Matthew 7:11.  Amen!  Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God forever and ever.  Amen!  Revelation 7:12.
Love you all!
 
Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment