Wednesday, December 17, 2014

God loves all our praises!

Good Morning Friends!  Wrapped in HIS loving arms Wednesday!!  I Keep thinking about a special little Christmas blessing….. music….Christmas carols in the stores, on the phone, the car radio, but my most favorite is singing Christmas carols in church.  I love to sing and Christmas carols are just so singable….makes it easy….”to make music to Him…”  Psalm 33:2.  We are told in God’s word so many times to “make music to HIM”  so the joy of singing Christmas carols just fills my heart with HIS love…the trouble is, just doesn’t seem to be enough time to get them all in…So, I like to do my part….Sunday was our children’s program at church and a perfect opportunity for me to include lots of Christmas songs in the program….I was so excited to know that we would sing one after another….and of course I wanted everyone else to be just as excited as me to sing.  The kids….well, I am always on them to sing more, open their mouths and let out those praises….the kids…..they think I am nuts….well Sunday night, as usual, the kids just weren’t singing like I thought they should….but as we were singing the refrain to “Hark the Herald Angels Sing,”  I looked over thinking, “well surely they are singing the refrain”  what I saw…Well, one young teen boy was….no, not singing, rather he was tapping his fingers on his pant leg….in perfect rhythm to the song…His lips were closed, but his heart was singing….."making music to the Lord.”  Oh, I thought, Kathie, Kathie….your ways are not the only ways….This child…a teenager at that….taught me a much needed lesson.  God hears the praise of our hearts….oh yes, if you like to sing, sing…..if your blessed to play an instrument, play…..if you can tap a perfect beat on your leg….God hears, God loves….all our praises.  Joy to the world…..our Savior is born….let earth receive their KING and make music.  Father, thank you for the gift of YOUR Son, our SAVIOR, fill our hearts and lips with praise.  And Father, thank you for the special blessings we receive from children.  LET EVERY HEART PREPARE ROOM!

Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise Him.  Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to Him on the ten-stringed  lyre.  Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy (or tap).  Psalm 33:1-3.  Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.  Psalm 95:2.  My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul.  Awake, harp and lyre!  I will awaken the dawn.  I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples.  For great is your love, higher than the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.  Psalm108:1-4. 
Silent Night Holy Night…..no crib for a bed…..the little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay….HARK THE HERALD ANGELS SING…GLORY TO OUR NEWBORN KING….Go Tell it on the mountain….JESUS CHRIST IS BORN!  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment