Thursday, December 18, 2014

Jesus IS the LIGHT!

Good Morning Friends! Thankfully loved by HIM, Thursday.  Last Sunday at our Christmas program, Pastor and his wife, gave me a Christmas gift.  I didn’t open it until   I got home and settled in…..I was very pleased as I pulled a beautiful, hand painted, glass nativity very different from anything I have seen, out of the box.  It stands about 10” high and probably 4” wide, well it looks like an “L” facing forward….gosh hope you can picture that.  Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus in the manager sit on the base, the back looked a bit like a church window….anyway, I placed it on the coffee table, thinking I must thank them tomorrow and tell them it’s beautiful.  Well, I did do that, but the week has been really hectic so I hadn’t really paid a lot of attention to it or any other Christmas decorations either….that is, until this morning.  I got up at my usual time and headed to the living room for bible and prayer time.  This morning I took the time to plug in my decorations with lights….When I had finished reading, I got up and turned off the over- head light.  As I sat back down and was snuggling in for a good visit with our Father my eyes got a glimpse of a light I didn’t recognize….Wow, the light from the candles on the mantle were reflecting through the back of my new nativity….the light was shining on Jesus…..Jesus was shining…..Jesus IS the LIGHT….the LIGHT of the world, the LIGHT of our lives, shining HIS Perfect Love on us, guiding us, protecting, uplifting….forgiving us!  JESUS the REASON FOR THE SEASON!  I sat on the edge of my chair, my eyes focused on the beauty of the shining nativity…..my heart was aglow as HIS Peace filled me….the Wonder of HIS LOVE…..Thank you Father for the giving us the LIGHT OF THE WORLD….help us to catch the glow and reflect HIS love.  
 
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the LIGHT of the world.  He who flows ME shall not walk in darkness, but have the LIGHT of LIFE.”  John 8:12.  And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.  An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.  But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign to you:  You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying a manger.”…..So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.  Luke 2: 8-12 & 16.
Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment