Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Relax in the Light of the World

Good Morning Friends!  Totally taken by HIS love, Tuesday!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving; we sure did, we spent the day at our little cabin in the woods and cooked everything but the stuffing and pie outside!  Kathyrn brought the oven stuff, but Kim and I did the rest!  No running water and no electricity, but an awesome campfire all day long!  Praise worthy for sure….now the big day is over and Sunday was the first day in Advent….gosh now we prepare to celebrate Jesus’ birthday!  Crazy isn’t it, how time just seems to fly!  Good grief, I know that your lists are as long as mine and the whole month gets overwhelming at times….We had our Hanging of the Greens service at church Sunday, everyone taking part in the special service by hanging wreaths, lighting the Advent wreath, decorating the tree, placing each piece of the nativity, the banners displaying the names of Jesus, Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace, Blessed Redeemer, Light of Light, Lamb of God, Living Word, hang perfectly straight along the walls…..kids reading, adults singing, everyone hanging special ornaments on the tree…..Wonderful, but…..yes hectic…..for the person planning it all gosh!  Thanks Nancy!  And for all of us hoping we are in the right place at the right time…..Well, festivities done, the service continued as usual, about three-quarters through Pastor’s sermon the sun, that had been shining so brightly all morning, went behind the clouds….Our church has big skylights and a huge stained-glass in the front of the church so the natural light is very obvious.  So when the church that had been bright was suddenly dim, I couldn’t help but notice….I took my eyes off of Pastor and looked around…..the lights….oh the lights, the tree, nativity, altar and wreath candles……the lights…..when the sun was shining in so brightly you could hardly notice all the lights, twinkling, sparkling…..shining in the darkness……shining…..Peace….Yes, Peace suddenly engulfed me…..I felt my body relaxing….I let go of the hectic morning and thought only of the LIGHT….The LIGHT of the world….given for me and you….God’s only SON….The Peace I saw in the twinkling lights…this PEACE that engulfed me, I know is what God wants each of us to have and to hold throughout this hectic season….This PEACE is all that matters….the LIGHT shining through the darkness to guide us…..loving us….Father, thank you for giving us the Perfect GIFT, the Light of the World, Your Son Jesus.  Push away the hectic from our lives and fill us with Your Perfect Peace as we prepare to celebrate the birth of Your Son, our Savior. 
 
Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your heats be troubled and do not be afraid.”  John 14:27.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called peace.  Colossians 3:15.  The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7.  The God of PEACE be with you.  Philippians 4:9.
Love you all! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment