Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Everlasting SONshine!

Good Morning Friends!  Wondrously wrapped in HIS loving arms Wednesday!   This winter and it’s drabness has, seems to me, been the gloomiest one I remember for a long time too….the sun is having a terrible time coming out to shine on us….must say I was really happy to see it for a little while yesterday, but today, cloudy again.  I have gained empathy for people (my grandkids) that live in places like Alaska and Sweden (Ryan) where there is relatively no sunlight for several month and understand why depression, alcoholism, and suicide are so high there.  We need the sun to thrive….oh yes we crave that natural vitamin D…so at times like this winter it’s natural to feel down at times.  Every day someone, including me, whines about the lack of sun….I just love all the fun flavors of body wash these days!  I don’t usually pay much attention to the name just the ingredients, but for some reason this morning as I climbed into the shower my eyes went right to my recently purchased bottle of body wash…..Everlasting Sunshine….that’s the name of my body wash…..Everlasting Sunshine…..I knew that our Father had a lesson for me…..and it didn’t take me long to get it…..We have Everlasting SONshine every day of our lives…..God’s SON, our Jesus, shines HIS Everlasting love and forgiveness on us day in and day out……Life may seem gloomy, clouds of worry, pain, heartache hanging over us, but don’t fret needlessly….We are glowing in Everlasting SONshine!  We need the SON to thrive in faith hope and love….everlasting!  Thank you Father, for the light of Your SON no matter how gloomy things seem around us…..help us put our hope in His glow and thrive!  And Father thank you for the sunshine that is headed our way!
 
Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?”  Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.  You have fill my heart with greater joy than when their grain and wine abound.  I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.  Psalm 4:6-8.  Why are you downcast, O  my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.  Psalm 4:11.  You are my lamp, O Lord:  the Lord turns my darkness into light.  With Your help I can advance against a troop; with  my god I can scale a wall.  2 Samuel 2:29-30.  For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.  O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.  Psalm 84:11-12.
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment