Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I can do it myself!

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in HIS loving arms, Wednesday!  Well, how about this cold….I feel sorry for people that have to work outside like my husband and his buddy Cooper, who has been spending his days with Papa while school is out.  On Monday when it was sooo very cold Papa and Cooper had to head out the same time I did.  Well Cooper had come prepared, hat, ear muffs, gloves, long johns and the final touch, his insulated, camo coveralls!  The boy was determined to stay warm.  I was gathering up my things to head out and couldn’t help but stop and watch Cooper working so hard to get his coveralls on.  He really seemed to be struggling, so I asked him if he needed Nana to help him.  Quite adamantly he said, “No, Nana, I can do it myself!”   I said, “OK Coop” and headed out the door, chuckling.  Little stinker I thought doesn’t think he needs any help…..Oh boy……I could feel HIM next to me…..I paused.  “Kathie, My child, you are laughing at Cooper because he thinks he doesn’t need any help, when you know that if he just let you help him, the task would be so much easier…..Kathie, you are making me laugh because you are so much like Cooper at times.  So often you struggle so needlessly….worry and stress take a toll on you….when if you would just let ME help….You know that’s what I’m here for to help….carry your burdens, ease your stress, heal your pain, watch over your kiddos and friends, wrap My arms around you, comfort and protect you…..if you would just let go and LET ME….I love you.  No matter how big or small the issue is, precious child….I can handle it!  Call on ME!  Thank you Father, oh my goodness…..forgive me for trying to go it alone…..help me to simply trust and believe in YOU!

With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment.  Always let Him lead you, and He will clear the road for you to follow.  Proverbs 3:5-6.  Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for HIM.  Psalm 37:7.The Lord is good, giving protection in times of trouble.  He knows who trusts in Him.  Nahum  1:7.  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  Psalm 91:2.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  2 Corinthians 4:18. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment