Monday, January 26, 2015

Help me trust and believe

Good Morning Friends!  My oh my, what an Awesome God is our Maker, Monday!  Yesterday, Papa and I had Cooper and Katy all day!  Good times!  After church and a lunch of hotdogs, we all settled down for a cozy nap in the living room!  Papa put on an old western, Cooper’s favorite and we each snuggled into our little space and had a little nap!  Oh I do love those Sunday afternoon naps.  After naps we had the serious job of feeding all the cows and according to Katy, Papa really needs their help!!!  So we all loaded into the old feed truck, including the dog and headed out!  The wind was bad, but the sun was warm so it was a wonderful outing, in and out of the pastures dumping feed!  Thank goodness,  Cooper is really getting good at opening the gates gives the old Nana a break!   Job complete, we headed back to the house.  Cooper, Katy and I had our usual chores, chickens, bunnies, donkeys to feed as well as filling the wood box, silly kids love to fill the wood box!  Papa headed out to move some animals.  They grabbed their donkey feed cans and headed to the feed room, I opened the door and then the feed bin….Katy was in front so she reached in to fill her can…..she gasped, “Nana, look!”  I looked into the bin surprised to see several red wasps, feasting…..then it happened, Cooper began screaming, “And it just got me, it just got me!”  He was crying and jumping up and down in pain, I thought it was under his shirt so I was trying to get his shirt off, “No, Nana my hand, he got my hand!”  Bless his heart, sure enough already his little hand was red and his finger swelling.  I put my arms around him to console and head him to the house where I could treat it.  “Come on Cooper, come with Nana, I will fix it for you, let’s get to the house……”  He ran to the house, crying and shaking his hand, I headed him to the kitchen counter and began making my magic potent for stings.  I explained what I was doing, promising the mix would help his hand to feel better.  The tears continued, but he stood still and watched as I mixed the baking soda and vinegar…once I had it mixed I took his hand and began bathing it in the stinky mix….he didn’t flinch or fight me…..Cooper knew that I would take care of him….no matter how silly the method seemed to him, he knew that he could trust his Nana to take care of his problem…..No questions asked, no arguing or pulling away….he simply trusted and believed.  In no time at all he was smiling again and ready to go back outside…..as I cleaned up the mess, thankful that I could help him, my heart took a leap….That child totally trusted me to take care of him, no questions asked….why oh why can I not trust and believe in my Father like that……Oh Father, forgive me for all the times I pull away from You, question You, struggling against Your will….strengthen my faith Father, so that I trust and believe in Your will for me…..completely.
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5.  The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  Isaiah 43:2.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.  Isaiah 26:4.  Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.  Psalm 55:22. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment