Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Getting the job done

Good Morning Friends!  Wondrously wrapped in HIS loving arms Wednesday!  Last Sunday in church I noticed one of our older (yes even older than me) ladies was sitting alone.  Her good friend that she always sat with recently passed away and her daughter-in-law had to work  so, sweet Rosemary was all alone….I too was all alone, so I decided I would march on up and join her!  We shared a hug and snuggled in ready to worship.  During announcements she whispered to me that someone had trimmed the flowers in front of the church.  She was really happy about it, explaining that she had noticed they were so badly in need of trimming, and really wanted to do it, but just hadn't gotten to it.  She went on to tell me, a beautiful smile on her face, that when she does yard work she has to choose if she wants to be on her knees or bend over.  You see, Rosemary suffers terribly from arthritis….mind you she is smiling as she relates this to me.  She chuckled and went on a bit more about her yard work…..but my mind focused on her smile, her attitude.  This woman, has reason to give up the yard work…..terrible pain in her knees and back, but she doesn't…..she picks, according to the degree of pain in each area, the position she will be in to get the job done……she doesn't give up or feel sorry for herself…..she does the very best that she can…she keeps on keeping on despite the discomfort!  Oh wow…..the more I think about her the more I must turn to our Father and ask for forgiveness….how often do we whine, complain, feel sorry for ourselves, even give up at times when life seems to be hitting us hard?  Difficult relationships, more bills than income, grief, critical illnesses….Oh yes Father…..these are the times when we must turn to You for strength you are there, with open arms, wisdom and guidance just waiting for us….help us to be strong and follow Your words from James 1:2-4, “Consider it pure joy…whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.”  Father, we know that life is hard at times, but with YOU on our side we know we can do it and give YOU glory!

We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  Romans 5:3-4. For Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:10.  Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.  Psalm 55:22.  Our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  Romans 8:18. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment