Thursday, April 23, 2015

Out of the mouths of babes

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully blessed by Him, Thursday.  A couple days ago I told you about Katy’s accident on Friday, remember and I had not been home long enough to get my clothes changed?  Well, the funny part is that when I left work that day I was going to Walmart to buy groceries.  My feet were already hurting from my heels, so I decided to put on my tennis shoes I wear when I work out.  Everybody got a chuckle out of Kathie going to Walmart in her dress clothes and pink tennis shoes.  I really didn’t care what they thought….lol….I wanted to be comfortable.  When I walked in the door at home, Kim laughed out loud (he is such a fashion expert you know) and made sure I knew he thought I looked like a nerd…..again I didn’t care and told him so!  Well, when Kathyrn called us to go with her to the ER it never for one second crossed my mind to change my shoes….Nope, all I could think of was getting Katy to the hospital.  After we settled in at the ER, Cooper was his usual antsy self, couldn’t sit still.  He was hopping around in front of me when he stopped and very seriously said, “Nana, I like your shoes, they’re cool.”  I looked at Kim and said, “HA, HA!!!  Cooper likes my shoes!”  As I told him thank you I put my arms around him and gave him a great big hug and mushy kiss, poor kid!  Things were a bit hectic the rest of the evening, but as I went to bed, in the darkness I smiled, I knew that our Father could see my smile from my heart, and hear my silent thank you prayer….Thank you for children Father and the lessons we can learn from their kind innocence.  Bless and protect them with YOUR LOVE.

Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”  Matthew 18:3-4.  Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  Matthew 19:14.  How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  1 John 3:1. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment