Tuesday, March 8, 2016

He did not procrastinate our salvation

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His Tuesday!  How about this weather!  Yesterday everybody was talking about how beautiful it was on Saturday, and all the stuff they did outside, enjoying the weather.  Some went to the lake, lots of fishing, yard work, just fun being outside.  When I was asked about enjoying the weather Saturday, I had a different story to tell.  You see, Kim and I had a major project….paperwork…..in the office…..that really needed to get done!  We had made a deal that Saturday would be the day….all day at best.  We did go out and feed the sheep and calves, water the hogs, but that was it….as nice as it was already then and as tempted as we were to stay outside, procrastinating the paper work….we didn’t!  We dragged ourselves back into the house…..straight to the office….and dug in!  More than once during the day, Kim tried to lure me outside…it is so nice he said….we can do this later….NO!!!!  Let’s get it done and we did!  As I was finishing up on Sunday (yes was a two day project) filing the last pieces, I was hit with the greatest thought….made me smile…from the inside out…..Aren’t we thankful that our Heavenly Father didn’t procrastinate giving us His Son, our Savior Jesus, to wash us clean from sin?  To give us the promise of eternal life?  He sure could have….how do you think He felt when Jesus was praying in the garden of Gethsemane…”My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.  Yet not as I will, but as you will.”  Do you think He liked seeing His Son suffering, and then on the cross in the ninth hour when Jesus called out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”  As a mom, I know to see your child in pain and sadness hurts my heart….I know that our Father’s heart ached for His Son, but HE did not procrastinate our Salvation….He gave HIS only Son…..for us….all of us….Jesus died for us, but most importantly, HE rose for us….eternal life is now ours….believe and you will be saved.  “It is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.”  Ephesians 2:8.  Father, thank you for not procrastinating our salvation, thank you for YOUR Son, our SAVIOR.  Keep our faith strong.  And Father, we do so often procrastinate the things that are important in our lives…forgive us and give us Your strength and guidance to do what we need to do, when we need to do it!
 
Though you have not seen Christ, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.  1 Peter 1:8-9.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment