Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The shepherd and his sheep

Good Morning Friends!  Totally loved by HIM, Tuesday!   How long has it been since you have seen or heard a hundred baby lambs, running, jumping, baaing for mama?  Sound like fun?…..Well come on out to Lula, it’s lambing time!  Last summer, Kim replaced his old ewes with young ones and this is their first time to lamb, so he has been extra watchful and careful… first-time mamas can have problems birthing.  He decided when they first started lambing to lock them into a large catch pen, rather than let them go out into the pasture, allowing him to keep a closer eye on them.  It’s extra work with all the feeding, but so much safer.  Well, a couple weeks ago our well pump went out so there was no water in the catch pen; he had no choice but to let them out into a pasture with a pond while the well was repaired.  Oh boy, they loved being out in the pasture….but there was no way he could leave them out there, he had to bring them in at dusk, no matter what it took.  I was with him that first day, it was a bit of a chore to say the least, but they sure liked the fresh grass, so being the kind shepherd that he is, Kim has let them out each morning to graze and brings them in at night, feeds them, and locks them in.  As he pulls into the alley way where he feeds, he turns on the siren on the feed truck, his signal to the animals that chow is on!  Sunday evening I got to go out with him to let them in; during the week he is usually done by the time I get home, so I was looking forward to seeing all the little ones.  As we drove in I could see them all way out in the back pasture…oh boy I thought, this could be a real rodeo, but as soon as Kim turned on the siren they started running in mass towards the gate and feed!  It was truly amazing to watch them come as Kim stood out in the pasture to make sure no one was left behind for coyote bait.  He noticed one lone lamb way out and was headed out to get it, when I hollered at him….”I’ll go, rest your weary legs.”  As soon as they were all in and the gate was locked we filled the troughs with grain….they just go crazy, but what a joy to see them all together, safe, protected, fed, and growing strong.  As we drove away I could still hear the babies baaing for their mamas (they were of course bellied up to the troughs), their cries made me smile….Is that what I sound like to our Good Shepherd….I laughed as I thought, “of course Kim is a good shepherd to his sheep, he had the Perfect Example…our Savior.”  “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want…..Ps. 23”  He protects me from the coyotes of a sinful world, He feeds me with His word and provides me with all I need on this earth, He calms my fears.  Kim’s sheep know the sound of his feed truck, Jesus says of us, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.”  John 10:27-28.  No one can snatch us out of HIS hands, Kim, try as he might can never guarantee that one of his lambs will not get snatched….Our Good Shepherd, is our Savior, our God and Lord…..”My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.  I and the Father are one.”  John 10:29-30.   Thank Father, for a Shepherd that laid down HIS life for us…”Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”  Psalm 23:6.
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment