Thursday, March 31, 2016

The magnificent taste of the goodness of the Lord

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully loved by HIM, Thursday!  A couple of days ago, during my scripture time, I came across a verse from Psalm 34 that I just couldn’t get out of my mind.  Verse 8 says, “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.”  I was all about the “blessed is the man” part, but the  “taste and see”  I know the LORD is good, but the “taste” part has me pondering ever sense I read it.  Now I have read that verse who knows how many times in my life, it’s highlighted in all of my bibles, but for some reason tasting the Lord just got me wondering…..how do we taste the Lord, besides in Holy Communion…..well, like I said for the past several days “taste the Lord” has been rolling around in my head….until last night, finally came all together for me….Kim had a call from a neighbor with a joining property;  he was calling to let Kim know we had sheep on his place.  Oh boy, we were relaxing on the porch at the time, I really didn’t relish the idea of loading into the truck and roaming pastures to get them back home.  However, that’s what we did…..the windows were down in the truck, and it was so nice I didn’t roll mine up….gosh, I thought, the air is so fresh, no wind either, as we headed up to where the sheep are we first passed the cows grazing on the most luscious green pasture!  I had not been out in a week and I couldn’t believe how much greener everything was and the calves are getting so big; the black cows look so magnificent against the luscious green….then we hit the sheep; lots of them were home where they were supposed to be, quite happy to see Kim in the feed truck, little did they know they were not getting fed again….we headed out into the pasture to find the roamers, look at the trees they are really starting to leaf out, oh gosh are those wildflowers blooming…yes, wow, beautiful!  We got the sheep in, found the hole in the fence, visited with the neighbor and headed out.  I couldn’t help but point out the fantastic sky….grey and white clouds mixed in joy with the rays of the setting sun illuminating them….magnificent….the ponds are so full, oh look at that flock of ducks flying overhead in a perfect V formation….What a wonderful evening….I felt so much more relaxed and at peace as we pulled back into the yard…Kim grilled us a steak and I fixed some veggies,  my first bite of steak “tasted so good”……hmm, I paused and said a thank you prayer….not for the taste of my steak, but for the magnificent taste of the goodness of the Lord, through the magnificence of HIS creation!  Oh Father, thank you for the beauty all around us, the miracles of YOU!  Help us to use all of our senses to “taste” Your goodness, and be filled with Your eternal love….to rest in Your peace.
 
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.  Fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing.  Psalm 34:8-9.  Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.  Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.  1 Peter 2:2-3.  How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!  Psalm 119:103.  Everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.  1 Timothy 4:4.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  Amen!  Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever.  Amen!  Revelation 7:12.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment