Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Why did the guinea hen cross the road?

Good Morning friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!   For the last few days on my ride into work I have encountered a flock of guineas, probably 20 or maybe a few more….they live on the north side of the road…..Now, I said that’s where they live, however I didn’t say that’s where they spend all their time.  Oh No!  Each morning as I turn onto Old 3W, I have to be on the lookout for these critters crossing the road to eat at the neighbors.  Now, let me say this…..the home of this flock of clever birds is very nice, you know big grassy yard with undoubtedly an abundance of tasty morsels, you know ticks, fleas, gnats, moist little weeds buried in the grass….tasty for sure….the yard across the road…well it’s fine, but not as big and not as much vegetation to pick through….yet these strange winged critters risk their lives by crossing a busy road to get to the yard across the street….And why….well of course, they just know that the grub across the road has got to better than the grub at their place!  Each day as I slow down and wait for them to cross, I give them a little lecture….You silly birds, why do you risk your life getting a cross the road when you have everything you need at home….This morning, I felt the familiar tap on my shoulder.  “Hello Father, how are YOU today? “  “Kathie, My child, you are the silly one….why do you strive to ‘cross the road’ to the good life, when you have everything you need right here with ME?  You risk your faith when you slight your prayer life, your time with Me in My word, worship, and Christian fellowship.  You put yourself at risk because when you are not with Me, things that are not of Me, start looking better than what you have.”  “Oh Father, I get it…..You hold everything that I need….You hold the key to life everlasting with YOU.  I don’t need to run after more and more things, bigger, better, prettier, faster, more, more, more….NO, NO, NO….YOU are all that I need!  To love and trust and in YOU and YOU only for what’s best for me.  You know what we need before we ask, You want what’s best for us and You gave us Your only SON.”  Thank you Father, for taking such good care of us and giving us enough of everything we need.  Forgive us when we think we need more and more…..thank you for YOUR gentle reminders that keep us from temptation.
 
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.  Philippians 4:12-13. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5.  But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.  But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.   1 Timothy 6:6-8.  Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice.  Proverbs 16:8.  A happy heart makes the face cheerful Proverbs 15:13.  Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.  Ecclesiastes 4:6.  In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.  Psalm 33:21.
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment