Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Decorate with Prayers!

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday!  Well, are you ready to do some decorating?  While we are busy shopping, baking, wrapping presents, and decorating our homes, some are busy with something else, not quite so fun!  In the busyness of my life it had not dawned on me that it’s time for college finals.  Do you all remember the stress and anxiety, long sleepless nights, worry, stress of finals!  Home for Thanksgiving from his first year at OSU, a special young man to me, and I were visiting at church Sunday.  I asked him how school was going; immediately he began sharing his concerns about upcoming finals.  He shared with me that people had been telling him that finals are really hard and he is really worried about them, and wants to do good….but.  I let him lament for a bit and then I tried to speak some words of encouragement….You know, be prepared, get lots of rest, eat well….and most importantly ask our Heavenly Father to give you a clear mind and help you do your very best!  I made a mental note to send him an encouraging email and say some extra prayers….When I got to work Monday, once again I was reminded of a young co-worker, sweet, special young woman who is also preparing for finals while working full time.  OK, I thought…..extra prayers for her too!  As I went through the day names of college students kept popping into my mind…..All of them getting ready….worrying about their finals.  No, college finals are not life of death, but to the college student they are pretty important and stressful so……I got to thinking….we need to decorate all the college students we know with prayers to help them through finals…..My goodness….let’s help them sparkle with self-confidence, glow with clear minds and sing with praise by lifting them in prayer….Oh I do love to decorate!  Father, thank you hearing all of our prayers no matter how small!  Be with our college students, protect them, guide them and help them to do their very best to Your glory!
 
I urge, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority (and college students), that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.  1 Timothy 2:1-2.  This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.  1 John 5:14-15.  Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  Hebrews 4:16.  “Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear,” says the Lord.  Isaiah 65:24.  Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.  1 Peter 1:22.
Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first. George Matthew Adams.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment