Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Blessing of Crawling...

Good Morning Friends!  Totally taken by His love, Tuesday!  My goodness what a few crazy….cold days we have had….agreed?!  Out on the ranch things have not been dull….ponds to break, leaks to fix, firewood to load, snowmen to build, and animals do not care how cold it is for us, they are want to eat!  Lots of stories for sure, but this morning as I was driving in for the first time by myself (woo hoo, so many thanks to Linda that faithfully hauls me around) my thoughts went to our first winter in Oklahoma, about 15 years ago….Kim and I were living in a travel trailer and it didn’t take much to freeze the water, so I had gotten used to going down the road to my dear neighbors, Bob and Imogene and take a nice hot shower….they were my first Lula friends and the visits to their house for a shower were a great time for us to get to know each other.  Well anyway, I got up one morning and oh yeah, no water….I had no clue what the conditions outside were…I packed my little bag, put on my Carhart overalls and headed out….yikes steps were a bit slick…oh well, no biggie.  I was headed to the car (again no clue….) when our friend Harry drove in (he was helping Kim with some things on the ranch).  He said Good morning and asked what I was doing, I said I am going to Bob’s to get a shower.  He laughed….laughed at me…then said, with a chuckle you aren’t going anywhere….well I thought how dare he…..he then proceeded to tell me that the road was a solid sheet of ice….Oh well I said, I will just walk….To this day I can still see the smirk on his face as I headed down…..down our driveway!  Just a few steps told me this was not going to be as easy as I had thought….I eased my way over where there was more dirt and made it down to the road….I must say I was feeling just a little smug as I took a step onto the road, ha, ha Harry I thought…..My smug turned into….UGH….I hit the road…hard!  My smug brought me right to my knees…..I felt foolish, but was determined to have a shower so I crawled across the road (I know you are all laughing, it’s ok I deserve it).  Well, I made it to Bob and Imogene’s, had my shower, coffee, and a wonderful visit and then crawled back home…..This morning remembering……”brought me to my knees” is what hit me.  There was no way I was getting across that road without getting on my knees…..once I did…..I made it!  Father, oh my, forgive us when we are so stubborn and try to get there on our own…..It’s when we are on our knees with You that we are at our best!  Thank you Father for the blessing of crawling…..
 
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:26.  Our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  Romans 8:18.  Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall (crawl maybe, but not fall).  Psalm 55:22.  Consider it pure joy…whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith (on your knees, crawling) develops perseverance.  James 1:2-3.  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9.  The God of peace be with you!  Philippians 4:9. 
Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first. George Matthew Adams.
Love you all!
Kathie A. Johnson
Receptionist
Administrative Services
Division of Housing

No comments:

Post a Comment