Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jesus is the Reason for the Season

Good Morning Friends!  Totally taken by His love, Tuesday!  Yesterday a friend brought me a great big piece of homemade chocolate cheesecake to share with my husband.  Oh my goodness!!!!!!!  I have never ever tasted anything so good!!!!  From the thick graham cracker crust to the deep dark chocolate on top!  Absolutely marvelous!  But you know what the sweetest part was…..not the crust or the fillings….nope, the sweetest part was not what tantalized my taste buds…..the sweetest part was the act of giving…..not just the cheesecake, but her time, and knowing that she thought of me and cared enough to take the time in her morning to wrap it up and bring it to me….Yes and delivered with a hug!  Now that is sweet!  Here we are, December 3rd….I have seen lots of homes all decorated with lights and Katy and Cooper have their tree up and decorated….I have been thinking it’s time for me to get to decorating too…..I love Christmas decorations reminders of our Savior’s birth, my favorite are the Christmas lights…..shining, sparkling, filling rooms with a warm glow….Seems to me that we can be Christmas decorations….living decorations…decorating the people we encounter in our lives with unselfish acts of love and kindness…..sharing a tasty treat (recently another friend brought me her venison jerky), giving up a place in line, maybe offer to babysit, or give someone a ride, take a lonely neighbor dinner, stop by a rest home and share a Christmas smile, make your hubby his favorite dinner, getting on line and ordering butterfly wings for someone that is not so good at it, do some crafts with kids…..not necessarily just your own……oh what beautiful decorations……Jesus is the Reason for the Season…..Jesus is LOVE…..Alive in our hearts we can be HIS loving, living decorations shining brightly, warming the world…..Father, prepare our hearts to focus on the LOVE of CHRISTmas…Your gift to us to share!  Thank you Father for the people in my life that share so unselfishly!
 
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world.  He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”  John 8:12.  This is how we know what love is:  Jesus Christ laid down His life for us.  And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.  1 John 3:16.  Love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  1 Peter 4:8.  We love because God first loved us.  1 John 4:19.  The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.  Galatians 5:22.  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.  1 Peter 4:10.  I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service.  1 Timothy 1:12. 
       “Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first.”  George Matthew Adams
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment