Monday, December 2, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty awesome is our God, Monday!  Well, here it is Monday after Thanksgiving!  Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and weekend, I know I sure did.  So many things which made me stop and say a big thank you to our Father!!!!  There’s one in particular that really touched my heart……a reality check….so to speak about what’s really important.  After a wonderful day and dinner with Cooper and Katy, oh yea and Mom and dad on Thursday, Kathyrn, Katy, and I headed to OKC to shop at 4 am Friday morning!  Papa kept Cooper, but Katy was excited to go “shopin” with us.   Of course, I was missing out on the ranch chores that Papa loves to save till I have an extra day off, but I didn’t care.  Figured I would worry about that on Saturday and just enjoy my time with the girls on Friday!  And yes, a definite thank you for that day….lots of love shared and Katy is a born shopper!  Saturday morning Kim and I headed out for a day of chores, first on the list was the kennels.  We worked for several hours, cleaning repairing and pampering our dogs…..I was trying hard to keep a good attitude and keep my energy going because what Kim had planned for us next was definitely going to require both a good attitude and energy.  Kim and I were going to work our calves…you know gather them, sort off mommas and then give them all their shots…..oh that means that you have to run them through the corrals and into the shoot….then give them 3 shots each!  OK, Kim lost our good shot equipment off the back of the truck awhile back and it’s too expensive to buy at one time, so we had to use one- dose shots which means I would be filling syringes for each calf….Kim would have to leave shoot, go into pens and get each calf up…..oh my…..Well, we were out in the pasture luring them in, when Kim had a call from a young-man neighbor.  He was looking for Kim because he was bored…..Oh my…..young man, country boy…bored.  Indeed!  We nabbed him up took him to Tupelo for a burger and yep, you got it….he didn’t even hesitate when Kim asked him if he would help us!!!!   I cannot even imagine how long and how many tiffs there would have been if Kim and I had set out alone!  Oh we would have done it, but…..We hadn’t been working too long when I realized how Kim and I had been blessed….Jayson did all the dangerous stuff, while I filled syringes and Kim gave the shots….Blessed….As I was cleaning up I felt a warm glow from the inside….Oh I had said “Thank you” several times, but suddenly I knew that it’s not the big things in life that warm our hearts….it’s the unselfish acts that really warm us…..right then I knew that Jayson had been sent to us by our Heavenly Father as a special Thanksgiving blessing.  And you know what…..Jayson had the best time…..He was so excited about each calf, his youthful attitude and energy were definitely a boost to Kim and I and he was having fun!  Thank you Father for the special little blessings that warm our hearts and help us but “things” into perspective!  Fill our hearts with attitudes of gratitude and help us to share the warmth of Your love with others.
 
Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds.  Psalm 107:21.  I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness and will sing praise t the name of the Lord Most High.  Psalm 7:17.  Praise the Lord.  Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.  Psalm 106:1.  Be kind and compassionate to one another.  Ephesians 4:32.  In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.  Psalm 33:21.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment