Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Batter up!

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His Tuesday!  Ran across a bible verse this morning that hit a spot with me….with a special T ball team…..from Isaiah 60:1, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and glory of the Lord rises upon you.”   Last night, after several cancellations, we had another T ball game!  I was excited as I climbed into the bleachers with Katy, mom and dad….the other team was already on the field practicing!  Didn’t take but a few moments to see that this team…was pretty darn good!  For starters they looked like giants compared to our little guys and they could throw and catch, I mean really throw and catch….wow….dad and I chuckled at the thought of what we were up against!  Our kids took their places in the field, excited, thrilled and just proud to be there!  Well, bam….one hit, then another, and another, 1, 2 ,3 points and going crazy…our kids were so happy to have balls to chase, places to throw them if it wasn’t the right place….they were giving it their all!!!  This went on for three innings!  We, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles were screaming and hollering, disgusted with how out matched we were….but the kids…..the kids….they were shining….Giving it their best, they played the game with gusto, enthusiasm, determination…..Our little team shined, no crying, stomping, pouting, no giving up!  They shined while us adults….we were rather pathetic at times….who cares that the final score was 18-1…..God doesn’t care one bit!  As I read Is. 60:1 I couldn’t help but think that His light had risen on them, they shined with HIS love…..Oh my, if only we could rise and shine in our faith like those kids did playing ball….”Arise, Shine….you and me, let’s get up to bat for HIM….HIS Glory is rising upon us…..HE loves us….verse 2 continues, “See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, BUT the LORD rises upon you and HIS glory appears over you.”  Don’t worry how big the other team is…..Remember we have the PERFECT COACH!!!  Our Father rises out of the darkness and shines HIS everlasting glory on us….HIS PERFECT all powerful LOVE….Unending FORGIVENESS, MERCY, GRACE….Father, thank you for shining YOUR Glory on us…..help us to rise and shine for YOU!  Rise, shine….give God the glory!
 
Though I have fallen, I will rise.  Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.  Micah 7:8.  Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To HIM be glory both now and forever!  2 Peter 3:18.  My soul is downcast within me.  Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:20-23.  Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright I heart.  Psalm 97:11.
Love you all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment