Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The joy of finding lost lipstick

Good Morning Friends!  Wise and Wonderful is our God, Wednesday!  I am on a hunt for a lost….well hopefully just misplaced cord to my camera!  This morning, in a fit of desperation I pulled out a bag I used to carry back and forth to work.  I knew I never had finished cleaning it out, so I thought maybe, just maybe I’d left it in the bag!  It’s a pretty big bag and I could tell there was definitely “stuff” in it, so I was feeling hopeful as I dug in, pulling out note books, pens, pictures…..but no cord….No cord, but wait….what am I feeling…feels like a tube of lip stick….Wow, it was not just any tube of lipstick….no siree!!!!  I was my favorite tube of orange lipstick given to me by a wonderful friend!  I thought it was gone forever…..and there I was holding it in my hands!!!!  I was so excited I could hardly stand it….poor Kim, just didn’t get it, but that’s ok!!!!  No, I didn’t find the cord, but in the process of looking I found something else that I had totally given up ever finding…I was so happy that I had decided to wear brown and orange today, so I got to wear my beautiful orange lipstick!!!!   As I headed into work, still a bit frustrated I hadn’t found my cord, I couldn’t help but smile about finding my lipstick….my thoughts were suddenly consumed with love…..the love of our Heavenly Father….Our Father’s love is an all-knowing love…..He knows what’s best for us and when…..how often we trudge off looking for the best job, or snazziest car, perfect house, classiest friends…..thinking we know what we need and where to find it…..but God knows better, He knows best for us….Thank goodness when we are looking for what might not be the best for us, He helps us find what we really need….We whine and cry, thinking God doesn’t hear us, or worse just doesn’t care….wrong!!!!  He cares so much, that He doesn’t want us to “find” the things that are not best for us…..He wants us to lean on Him for everything….to stay strong in our faith….to trust and  believe in HIS will for our lives….Oh might not always be easy.  He didn’t promise that, but He did promise to never leave us or forsake us.  Thank you Father…take our hands and lead us so that we find all that You have for us….trusting and believing in Your grace and mercy!
 
Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Deuteronomy 31:6-7.  Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love for they are from of old.  Psalm 25:5-6.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there you hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast, O Lord.  Psalm 139:9-10.Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.  Psalm 9:10.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5. 
Love you all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment