Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's the little things

Good Morning Friends! Thankfully His, Tuesday!  Recently Cooper, soon to be five, learned how to open the chicken coop.  The latch on the coop’s door is a bit tricky so until just recently, Cooper was unable to work it.  Yesterday he had no school, so mom dropped him off to spend the day with Papa while she and dad were at work.  Each morning as I leave for work, I stop and open the door to the chicken coop, fastening it with a bungee cord so they can come and go as they please during the day.  Yesterday, as I was getting ready to go to work I asked Cooper to go out and open the coop door and hook the bungee to keep it open.  No biggie right….but it would really help me and for him what a major accomplishment!  He was proud to go out and take care of the task, no matter how small, because he knew it would make his Nana happy that he was helping.  And indeed it did make me happy for several reasons…..It’s a joy to watch our grandchildren growing stronger improving their skills as they grow, I was proud that he had learned to manipulate the tricky latch.  I was of course happy to have one less little chore to do as I headed to work, but most of all I was smiling inside and out,  pleased that Cooper wanted to do something for me….to help….a small thing, yes, but huge in the scheme of things in this busy, hectic world.  As I headed to work, still beaming thinking about Cooper’s task, I felt the familiar tap on my shoulder.  “Good morning Father, wasn’t Cooper cute this morning?”  “Yes, Kathie, he certainly was.  I was so happy to see him go out by himself and take care of the door in order to help his Nana.  Kathie, I know that you think the little things you can do don’t really make a difference….but, My child, you are so wrong.  There is so much pain and suffering, worry and stress in this world, it is the little things that can make a big difference in someone’s day….maybe more than a day….the little things can truly lead to hope in a sad, worn out heart or mind…refresh, renew dampened spirits….boost confidence….dry tears….the little things, can heal in big ways.  The little things you do make ME smile…..I am pleased to see your faith in action, no matter how small the task may seem to you….do it….I will do the rest……Renew your spiritual energy, strengthen your faith….through the little things…..Smile as you do My work…..it matters.”  Thank you Father, for the little things that lift our lives….enable us to never tire of serving YOU, no matter how little it seems to us!  To YOU be all glory and honor.
 
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people….  Galatians 6:9-10.  A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.  Proverbs 17:22.  There are different kinds of service, (some big some little) but the same Lord.  1 Corinthians 12:5.  Be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you.  1 Samuel 12:24.  Be kind and compassionate to one another.  Ephesians 4:32.  Jesus said, “If anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.”  Matthew 10:42.  I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service (not matter how small).  1 Timothy 1:12.
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment