Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Our Perfect, All Knowing Fix-it Man

Good Morning Friends!  Today, Tuesday, so very thankful to be His!  A while ago…..I would say maybe 2 or 3 months ago I noticed a musty, wet smell in the house.  At first mostly in the kitchen, but as time went on I could smell it all over the house.  My first thought, something’s leaking under the house….oh yuck….not the kind of thing one looks forward to addressing with the man of the house….know what I mean?!  But as time went on and the odor worsened, I knew what I had to do….So I began by just mentioning I had been noticing a wet…..kind of musty odor all over the house.  His initial response….”I don’t smell anything!”  Imagine that!!!!  Did I expect anything different!!!!  Well, this went on like I said, for a couple of months, me politely complaining while he ignored me or insisted he smelled nothing.  Remember a couple of weeks ago, I went to California for a few days?  Well, one of the first things Mr. Johnson had to report was…..”Uh…..I smell the musty odor.  Must be something leaking under the house!”  To which I wanted to reply, notice I said wanted to….”DUH!!!”  But I didn’t, I merely smiled and silently thanked our Heavenly Father.  His plan was to crawl under the house and check it out….definitely not an easy feat for an old, chubby man (I say that most endearingly).  The space under the house is so small and remember it had been leaking for quite some time……can you imagine.  I didn’t push him about it and in a few days, bless his heart he ventured under with his spotlight to see if he could find the problem, having me turn on different faucets.  Well, he found it…kitchen sink.  Step one…..next step, go all the way under and fix it.  He was quite convinced he would not be able to get under to do it, so he tried his best to find a slighter built friend to help him out…..I stopped using the kitchen sink on Friday to help dry it out a little, but finally on Sunday afternoon he had to suck it up and go under himself.  Remember this issue had been brewing for at least 2 months….drip, drip, drip, damp, damper, wet….puddled….by now a real mess!  Most unhappy and quite negative, he gathered the tools and supplies he thought he would need and headed in.  I could hear him grunting and groaning, struggling to say the least to make his way over to the kitchen pipes……wasn’t very long at all, and I heard him grunt and groaning his way out!!!!!!  He was covered in cobwebs and mud from head to toe, but the leak was fixed!!!!!!  Golly molly, was I ever a happy wifey.  In 3 hours I could actually do the dishes!  Later as I attacked the piles of dishes that had accumulated since Friday, so happy that the leak was fixed, the odor soon to be gone, I couldn’t help but think about the leaks in my life.  The situations, that could have been easily taken care of that I let drip with worry, drip with frustration, drip with stubborn attitudes about doing it my way….drips that turned into wet puddles of hurt, anger, financial issues….muddying up my life……why?  Because I ignored God’s direction, His wisdom, and guidance, thinking I can do it on my own.  In the end……muddy, covered with cobwebs of guilt and sadness……all over a little drip that could have been fixed pretty easily if I had just called on our Heavenly Father first!!!!  Our Perfect, All Knowing Fix-it Man…..just waiting to stop our leaks!  Thank you Father for bearing with us through our stubbornness, forgive us…..help us to trust and believe that YOU always know best for us and come to YOU first.
 
“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, ”plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11.  I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Psalm 73:23-24.  I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.  When you walk, your steps will  not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.  Proverbs 4:11-12.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.  Isaiah 26:4.  Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. Proverbs 16:20.  Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.  Proverbs 29:25. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment