Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Help us hear You in the thunder

Good Morning Friends!  Totally loved by HIM Tuesday!!!   Well, how about this crazy weather!  Most of you know that I hate driving in any kind of bad weather conditions….and ever since my accident, blinding rain terrifies me.   This morning as I was gathering up my things to come to work, I could hear it starting to rain, it was so dark and the wind was really blowing….oh gosh I thought…Please let me get to work before it gets bad….as I headed out the driveway, there was a huge flash of lightening…it was horizontal all the way across the sky…Oh no, is all I could think of, please let me get to work safely, was my prayer.   As I got closer to town the rain got heavier, but I could see just fine and there wasn’t much traffic, but I was still tense gripping the steering wheel for dear life.  I never heard any thunder, but that lightening….one flash was so big, so bright the whole sky glowed….but no thunder… so, it wasn’t real close, the rain was not very hard and the wind had died down….Hmm…Father, You are there aren’t You?  Oh yes, my goodness You are always there….when the storms are raging, You are right there lighting our way with Your love….the winds blow, but You provide shelter, thunder roars… help us to hear You in the thunder, to hear and feel Your power over the storms of this world….You are always there with us, but we are so weak…gripping the steering wheel instead of holding on to You!!!  I had an email from a friend early this morning asking me how my ride to work was.  I told her that is was ok, but I was just hoping to get here before the storm hit.  She said, “Oh is it storming?   There are no windows anywhere near me, so as far as I am concerned it’s a lovely, sunny day out there!”  She’s not worried about a storm because she cannot see….she’s trusts that the sun is shining…..Oh Father help us all to let go of the steering wheel and  trust in the shining light of Your SON to see us through the storms!
 
One day Jesus said to His disciples, “Let’s go over to the other side of the lake.”  So they got into a boat and set out.  As they sailed, he fell asleep.  A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.  The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”  He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.  “Where is your faith?”  He asked His disciples.  In fear and amazement they asked one another, ”Who is this?  He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey Him.”  Luke:822-25.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment