Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Speed down or slow up!

Good Morning Friends!  Today was my weekly “share a ride” day with my good friend Linda!  We made a New Year’s resolution to ride together one day a week and by golly, we have stuck to it!  Gosh, I really look forward to it; today was my turn to drive, so I picked her up in Tupelo.  She was already there when I pulled in, but I wanted us to have a tasty coffee so I ran into the store, got us coffee, then buckled in and headed to work.  We were having the best time chatting about current events, laughing about our husbands, sharing grandkid stories, what fun we have; as I got close to our exit, traffic was a bit heavy (well they were in my way anyway)!  I attempted to go around one car, but they were going too fast, I needed to get into the right lane, and pretty quickly in order to make my exit.  Yikes….there wasn’t a whole lot of room between the car in front of me and the one behind, but I had to get in there……I was getting a little panicked, I let off the gas slowing down enough to sneak in between, it was obvious I wasn’t going around.  As I prepared to ease over I said out loud…..”I’ve got to speed down or slow up, now!”   “Speed down or slow up”  oh my gosh, Linda and I both burst out laughing…..I was certainly in a dither….frantic to make my exit….words coming out of my mouth that made no sense.  We chuckled and decided that aging has a way of making it much easier to laugh at ourselves.  We finished the last leg of our commute, still chuckling as we walked into work!  As I was clocking in, I felt that familiar tap on my shoulder….I was happy to hear from our FATHER, but I knew there was a lesson in store for me.  I paused, relaxed and listened as HE pointed out how my statement, “slow up or speed down” wasn’t far off from my life at times!   “Kathie, you so often head into things not knowing if you are coming or going….slowing up or speed down……”  Hmmm, I thought to myself as HE continued….”Precious child, do you know why you go about so crazy, hither and thither at times?  All stressed out and anxious…”   Hmmm, I thought again…..almost afraid to ask….”Go ahead Father, I’m listening, tell me.”   “You go without consulting ME first…..you think you have things under control, or you think you are just too busy to stop and chat with ME before you head out for a busy day….WRONG!!!!!   Take MY hand and let ME lead you…..everywhere.  I love you, I want the best for you, safe, and at peace….come to ME first, then head out.  I will keep you going in the right direction…..slowing down or speeding up, whatever the case need be.”   Oh Father, thank you.....how silly we are so often to head out alone, when YOU are always waiting to guide and protect us.
 
The Lord is with you when you are with Him.  If you seek Him, He will be found by you.  2 Chronicles 15:2.  Dominion and awe belong to God; He establishes order in the heights of heaven.  Job 25:2.  The Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.  Proverbs 3:26.  The Lord will keep you from all harm—He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.  Psalm 121:7-8.  I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Psalm 73:223-24.  You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.  Acts 2:28. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment