Friday, May 6, 2016

Stay put...in HIM!

Good Morning Friends!  First and foremost, HIS, Friday!!   The other evening, Kim was sharing what he had to do the next day….it was looking a bit tricky.  He had to have Axle to the vet in Atoka by 7:30 and then be in Paul’s Valley by 9 with bunnies to meet the lady that buys them for her pet store.  For those of you that don’t live around here, that is not a small feat….doable under good conditions, but not a sure thing!  So, he decided that he would leave out a little after 6, in hopes that they could take Axle a little early, then on to Paul’s Valley.  The next morning as he prepared to head out, I asked him if there was anything I could to help….I was secretly hoping he would say, no, that’s ok, because you know how I love my early morning time, but instead he said, “Well, if you want to come help me load the bunnies that would be great, they are really hard to load.”  Oh my gosh I thought, they are little bunnies, cute little furry bunnies, how hard could it be!  But, I said sure and followed him out to the rabbit barn.  He set out the boxes for me to put them in and then climbed on a chair to get them out of their pen.  He open the door got the first one and handed it to me.  As he did, he said now hold on to it be careful, I really was not worried…it’s a sweet little bunny….Ha, Ha, joke was on me…..I could barely hold on to it long enough to get it in the box and then….OH MY GOSH, Kim said “Look out, close the lid”  I couldn’t believe it, that little stinker tried to jump out!   I closed the box and reached up for the next one…..I was a bit more careful from then on and  couldn’t help thinking….how in the world does he get the cute little bunnies loaded all by himself!  I guess I shouldn’t have been so critical!  The thought kept nagging at me that we just don’t know another person’s job until we do it!!!!  Gosh, how often we jump to criticize others, when we should be encouraging and supporting instead!  “Hello Father, gosh how are You today?  Thanks for stopping by, what’s up?”  Well, first My child, I am always here….you just don’t always, pay attention.”  Ouch, that one hurt….”Second, those are pretty smart bunnies….they had a good lesson for you, actually they have two lessons.”  “Really, tell me more Father.”  Well, Kathie remember the other day when you talked about ‘speeding down and slowing up’?”
“Well, sure, but what….”   “Think about those cute, furry little bunnies acting all crazy, jumping out of the box into a world they know nothing about!  They have been well taken care of, but now want to jump out, be crazy….it’s a dangerous world out there….they are not prepared to go out on their own….clueless in fact.  Are you getting the idea?”   “Oh Father, I sure am.  Who would have thought You could put two good lessons for us in those cute little bunnies!  Not only do we need to be mindful of judging others, we also need to stay put…IN YOU!!!  No jumping out on our own…..unprotected from this crazy word…..Take my hand and lead me Father, slow me down and keep me in the box of YOUR LOVE!”
 
As for God, His way is perfect; the Lord’s would is flawless.  He shields all who take refuge in Him.  2 Samuel 22:31.
Jesus said, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”  Matthew 7:1-2.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.  1 Peter 1:3.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment