Thursday, August 21, 2014

Flat pancakes

Good Morning Friends!  Wise and Wonderful Wednesday!  So what kind of pancakes do you like?  Kim and I like whole wheat pancakes, but lately I have not been able to find our favorite mix anywhere!  At first I could get it at Walmart, then they stopped carrying it, but I found it at Nichol’s and Apple Market had it for a while too.  Now I can’t find it anywhere!!!  I have tried a couple of different “blends” but they were pretty blah.  In an attempt to take the bore out of our weekly pancakes I decided to google “whole wheat pancake mix” and see what happened.  After perusing the internet for a few minutes I came across a recipe that sounded interesting-Whole Wheat/Oatmeal Pancakes.  Healthy and tasty I thought, a bulk recipe that you keep in the freezer for multiple times!  I finally got around to mixing it together Monday evening, so I was really excited to try it yesterday.  It calls for buttermilk, so I put vinegar in milk in advance so it could curdle up real good!  Kim and I were both excited as he prepared to cook us a pancake….the batter looked quite interesting….I always say if everything in it is good how can it not be….Well, guess what….our special, healthy, tasty pancakes were flat…flatter than a pancake should be!  Yep, they did not rise one bit….what the heck I thought….All day I kept thinking about our flat pancakes wondering what had gone wrong…then I remembered the cobbler I had made last week.  I remembered thinking it sure didn’t rise very much…BAM, the light came on….the baking powder…..my baking powder must not be any good…..flat pancakes and flat cobbler….time to replace the baking powder for sure!  How sad all that mix with all those good, healthy ingredients wasted because of one simple ingredient….old baking powder ruined the whole batch….Flat pancakes…..Hmm…..gee…..could my life be the same as those flat pancakes….am I missing the one ingredient that makes me complete…..We can spend our time gathering earthly ingredients in hopes of having a “tasty” life,, but no “things” can do that alone…..there is one ingredient that makes our lives “tasty”  not flat….Jesus….without HIM in our lives all that we do and have is in vain…flat…..JESUS is the ONE ingredient we need!  He is our hope and our salvation!!!  Come Lord Jesus, be our guest in our hearts…in our minds….fill our spirits with love for YOU!
 
Jesus said, “Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”  Matthew 6:19-21.  Jesus said, “Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.  I am the vine; you are the branches….apart from me you can do nothing.”  Ohn 15:4-5.  God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  John 3:16.  Jesus said:  “I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.”  John 16;22.  Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and forever!  2 Peter 3:18.    
Jesus Loves You!!!!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment