Sunday, August 10, 2014

Water anyone?

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully loved by Him, Thursday!  I am a big water drinker; all day every day you can find me with a glass of water at my desk.  I like water….I know a lot of people think that’s crazy, but I really do.  I don’t drink it just because I am thirsty, I drink it because I like it, much better than soda or tea….Yes, I am a water drinker.  I have just begun working out at the gym with a trainer….oh my…..I have always been an advocate of exercise and eating right, but never had a trainer.  Well, in the past year, I’m ashamed to say, I have really been lax in the exercising and eating right departments and it is showing!  Oh yes both my physical body and my attitude are in need of some “working out.”  Hence, with a little encouragement from a friend and lots of prayer I am working out with a trainer!  So far I feel great!  Of course I am sore, but no pain no gain right!!!!!  Yesterday when I finished my workout, I was quite sure I was going to collapse in shear exhaustion and I was so thirsty, my throat was parched and I just knew if I didn’t get to water fast I was in trouble.  Yep, I was thirsty, really thirsty, more thirsty than I can remember being for a long time….I headed to the water fountain and had a good drink, then walked a couple of laps to cool down a bit….Back at my desk I continued to drink water all afternoon…This morning reading God’s word I ran across a verse in John 7 that I had read many times in my life, but in light of my “thirst” yesterday it took on a whole new meaning.  On the last day of a 7 day feast, Jesus addressed the crowd in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.”  My thoughts immediately went to my thirst yesterday……I read on, “Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.” (verses 37-38).  Wow….living water….The water I drank yesterday quenched my thirst from exercise, but the water we get through the death and resurrection of our Savior Jesus quenches the fires of sin and death….washes us clean, fill us with the Holy Spirit…..Going to Jesus and drinking of HIS water of the Spirit we have life eternal with him to look forward to and that’s all we need!!  I am looking forward to getting into better shape through my workouts, but looking forward to life everlasting with HIM is what it’s all about!  Father, thank you for quenching us with the blood of Your Son.
 
Jesus answered, (speaking to the woman at the well)  “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”  John 4:13-14.  Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.”  John 3:5-6. Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, as He who promised is faithful.  Hebrews:10 22-23. 
Water anyone????  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment