Tuesday, August 19, 2014

No quick fixes

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully HIS, Tuesday!  I had to pull over and stop for a road grader on my road this morning…..nothing new lately.  Our road is full of potholes….think I have told you about them before, but trust me when I say it’s bad!  Well, lately the county sends out a road grader to fill them in.  They pull dirt from the side of the road and smooth it over the holes.  Oh, it’s better for a few days, but it just doesn’t last….filling the holes with dirt is a quick fix, but they really need to be filled with pavement, you know the stuff they use on roads….oil and gravel….materials that will adhere with staying power.  I was thankful that at least today my ride home would be a little smoother, rolled down my window, waved and thanked the man on the grader, all the time thinking sure wish they would fix these things right….so they would last.  As I pulled up to the stop sign, I had to smile….not sure if you looked at me you would see it, but our Father saw my heart smiling….I stopped and heard HIM….heard HIM reminding me that my life so often looks like a road full of potholes (I had to agree) and that I am so good at looking for quick fixes….chips and chocolate to calm my anxious mood, a new dress  to lift a gloomy spirt, slamming doors, hollering…..oh yea I feel better for a minute or two after a big bag of BBQ chips, and slamming the door when you are upset helps for the moment….but what I need ……is a permanent fix….something to adhere to me…to my heart and spirit….Oh Father, I am so sorry that I look for quick fixes when all the time You are there, arms wide open, waiting to hold me, comfort me, uplift and guide me through the rough spots in the road.   Enable me to come to YOU first…You offer the permanent fix for me….YOUR love is unending…it’s everywhere just waiting to swoop me up….fill my holes of sadness, anxiety, depression, sadness, anger with peace, joy, contentment, calm….Praise and thanksgiving….To You, our Father be all glory and praise.
 
Jesus said, “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough troubles of its own.  Matthew 6:33-34.  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.  Matthew 7:7-8.  Do not be afraid little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32.  We say with confidence.  “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?”  Hebrews 13:6.   May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  2 Thessalonians 3:16.  Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.  Jude 2.  The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth.  Psalm 145:18. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment