Friday, August 22, 2014

The eyes have it

Good Morning Friends!  Forever His, Friday!  Yesterday I went to the eye doctor for a thorough exam; it had been several years since I had been (shame on me) and I knew that my eyes had changed.  In fact, to me, my vision had gotten so much worse that I was afraid something was going on with my eyes.  So, I was really anxious to have a good exam.  I went to a doctor I had not been to before, but was highly recommended and I was not disappointed!  After carefully testing my vision, he began the exam to determine the health of my eyes (remember I am not a spring chicken), first one test and then another….with his hi tech equipment he looked right into my eyes, in front, behind, on the sides he could clearly see every part of my eyes and the result was good!  He said my eyes are very healthy!  I was really happy with his diagnosis and sent up a quick thank you prayer as I went to pick out new frames….I left quite happy that my eyes are healthy and excited about my new glasses and better vision.  This morning as I was driving to work, I was thinking about my eye exam….it’s so cool that the doctor can use his equipment and look right into my eyes to see just what’s going on….Oh gosh, I thought…..what if you could look into our hearts and minds like that……look in at our thoughts and attitudes…..Wow, that’s a scary thought isn’t it….so often what we are thinking doesn’t match up with what we say or do…..We are all dressed up on the outside, but on the inside things may paint such a pretty picture…..On the inside we are not always “healthy.”  I felt sad as the realization hit me…..Our Father does look into our hearts and minds…..HE knows…..Father, my goodness, shame on us for working so hard to be pretty on the outside when it’s our “INSIDE” that needs working over.  We are so weak Father, in Your mercy, forgive us.  Father, draw us closer to You, guide us to be more like YOU, to reflect YOUR love, inside and out!
 
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.  1 Peter 3:3-4.  The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.  1 Samuel 16:7.  We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10.  Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and forever!.  2 Peter 3:18.  Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30.  Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.  Matthew 12:34. Love one another deeply, from the heart.  1 Peter 1:22.  The world and its desires pass away, but the one who does the will of God lives forever.  1 John 2:17. 
Love you all!
 
Kathie A. Johnson
Receptionist
Administrative Services

No comments:

Post a Comment