Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Are you in a fog?

Good Morning Friends!  Wrapped in HIS loving arms Wednesday!  My ride to work this morning was interesting at best…leaving my house there was a high fog or haze, but as I continued the fog got thicker…at least in spots!  I was driving along pretty much at normal speed when BAM I hit a thick wall of fog.  You know the kind you can’t see through….I slowed way down and really concentrated on the road.  Gosh, I hate fog, so disorienting…then BAM….it was clear as a bell again.  High fog, but the road was clear again, aww, I took a deep breath, thankful.  I was just getting my speed up again when….BAM….POW…hit it again….so thick, I couldn’t see more than a couple feet in front of me.  Again,  slowed way down…the fog was so thick that I felt…well….it was kind of a scary, unknown feeling….I hadn’t gone too far when….BAM….clear again!  Traveling the same road, but encountering such different conditions…..As I got on the highway the fog was really high, but I couldn’t help but think about my travels on 1600….hmm….kind of like our lives….as we travel through life we never know when we our going to hit a thick patch of fog….fog of financial worries, sick or troubled kids, health issues for us or our family, turbulent relationships, over-worked, stressed out and anxious we hit the fog.  We become disoriented…..not knowing which way to go, what conditions may be awaiting us….frightened….And then the road becomes clear again, the fog lifts….As I got close to town the high fog actually broke to display beautiful clouds enhanced by rising sun….pinks, blues, and purples enhanced the gigantic, puffy clouds…..I knew then that God, our Father, was speaking to me….I felt HIS presence, HIS peace…..Thank you Father for the reminder that we are never alone, no matter what we encounter on the road of this life, we know that YOU are with us….Just waiting for us to call on YOU…..YOU guide us lovingly through the foggy patches as well the clear ones….OH FATHER, help us to never forget. 
 
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.  Psalm 16:11.  I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night (or in the fog) my heart instructs me.  I have set the Lord always before me.  Because He is at my right hand,  I will not be shaken.  Psalm 16:7-8.  You will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me (no matter how thick the fog) with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:12-13.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires wit good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.  Psalm 103:2-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment