Friday, October 17, 2014

Shine your light!

Good Morning Friends!  Forever in HIS LIGHT, Friday!  A couple days ago, Kim had a man scheduled to come from Bristow and buy a bunch of feeders that Kim and I had made.  They were so big that he was bringing a semi and Kim would have to load them with the back hoe; this was no biggie they were all in a nice easily accessible pasture and he was scheduled to be there at 2 pm.  Kim and I had planned to unload and stack firewood when I got home, however when I got home, the man was just on his way….Oh boy….another late night.  Well, he finally got there a little after 6, so Kim headed out on back hoe….me…..I pulled on my leather gloves and hit the firewood!  I had just been in the house for a little while when I got a call from Kim, they were about done, but he needed hydraulic oil for the hoe.  It was totally dark by then, but I found the oil and headed to where they were loading out.  Wow, it was so dark, how could they even see to get the job done.  I turned the car around and pointed the headlights where they were adding the oil.  I was so tired and still needed to cook, but my conscience wouldn’t let me leave them in the dark to finish.  Kim had to go into the pasture and load the feeders and it was dark!  So, I carefully pulled my little back car into the pasture, found the last of the feeders and positioned the car so the lights shined for Kim to see the feeders and safely load them.  Job done I headed back to the house to get to dinner!  As I pulled into the driveway, I felt the familiar tap on my shoulder, actually it was more like HIS arm around me pulling me close to HIM.  “Hi FATHER, what’s going on?”  “Well, Kathie sure glad you stayed and shined the headlights so the men didn’t have to flounder in the darkness……MY LIGHT….sweet child….is always there to guide you, to shine love on you, to keep you from being afraid….MY LIGHT protects you, there’s no need for you to ever flounder in darkness I am always there lighting the way, and MY LIGHT warms you, comforts you, shields you from the dangers of darkness….MY LIGHT shines endlessly, MY LOVE for you is eternal…Go, reflect MY LIGHT!”  I felt so warm and safe….Thank you Father for the gentle reminder of YOUR ETERNAL LIGHT of LOVE for us!
 
You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light.  With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.  2 Samuel 22:29-30.  Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?”  Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O Lord.  You have filled my heart with great joy than when their grain and new wine abound.  I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.  Psalm 4:6-8.  The Lord is my light and my salvation of whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1.  Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord.  They rejoice in Your name all day long; they exult in Your righteousness.  Psalm 89:15-16.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment