Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Are you ready?

Good Morning Friends!  Totally trusting in HIS loving care, Tuesday!!!  Over the weekend, Kim and I (and we had a great helper) finished getting all of our wood in for winter.  Got it all stacked nice and neat and even took a load up to our little cabin, got propane delivered on Friday, and Kim has everything ready to begin winter feeding of the cows.  Saturday afternoon we were feeling pretty proud of ourselves….we are all ready for winter…..last couple of years we were hauling wood all winter long and propane…waiting until there was an odor to call them……yep might even say we were a little smug as we went in patting ourselves on the back….all READY for winter!  Back in the house, I got to the laundry and then hit the shower…..standing there under the warm water, thinking about our accomplishments….my mind took a turn…..a really big one you know like a 180…..oh wow!!!!!!  Oh yea, Kim and I are ready for winter, and that is important here on this earth, but are we ready for what really matters….Are our hearts and minds centered on HIM, is our faith strong in the one true God……Are we READY!  Father we know you are preparing a place for us, keep us ever faithful….READY…..to spend eternity with You.

Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, trust also in me.  In my Father’s house are many rooms if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:1-4.  Jesus said, “Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.  It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes.  I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them.  It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he come in the second or third watch of the night.  But understand this:  If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into.  You also must be READY, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him.”  Luke 12:35-40.  Jesus said, “I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.”  John 16:22.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment