Monday, October 6, 2014

Off with the old, on with the new

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty Marvelous is our God, Monday! If you could see my yard and chicken coop you would think that the poor chickens had been in a major war!  There are feathers everywhere, white ones, black ones, red ones….feathers….Good thing is all the feathers my girls have lost are being replaced by brand new, beautiful feathers.  This whole process is called molting and happens, in a normal year, during the early fall.  It had been a couple of years since my girls had really gone through a good molting, so I had forgotten how bad they look during the process.  Poor things, practically naked while they shed their old feathers and wait their new ones.  Finally, the new feathers are really coming in and most of my girls are looking much better….I am so glad, bless their hearts they just looked pathetic.  Off with the old and on with new………”Father, is that you?”  “Yes, Kathie, it’s Me….I was wondering if you realize the significance of what you just said?”  “What’s that Father?  Off with the old and on with the new?  Yea, so they lose their old feathers, looking quite shabby for a while and then get beautiful new feathers….so, what’s Your point?”  “Well, my child….that’s the way it is with you, all my children, as you grow in faith, you shed your old ways, your worldly ways and replace them with My ways, My love takes over your heart, mind and body as you become My precious child, dearly loved, cherished, forgiven.  Off with the old and on with the new…..through My love and forgiveness you are as beautiful as your hens with new feathers!”  Oh Father, thank you for loving us so much that You make us new through Your love….sin makes us as ugly as these poor hens, but You Father make us beautiful in Your sight.  All honor, glory, and praise to You!
 
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!  All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.  2 Corinthians 5:17-18.  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.  Galatians 2:20.  Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off our old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in the knowledge in the image of its Creator.  Colossians 3:9-10.  Therefore as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment